“Never Again”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Stony Plain, Alberta, Canada
“Never Again”
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I was glad I booked early for lower rates. Front staff ignored me and not friendly. From the pictures on the website I thought they had in-room movie which means "the movie channel" and they served powered potatoes. The bacon was rancid and when I told the front desk they gave me a dirty look and said 'oh'. The only good thing was the cleaning staff. Very freindly great at their job. I stayed at other hotels for half the price, same decor and more services.

6 Thank Crystal K
, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
Dear Crystal, I am very sorry our front desk staff came across as unfriendly and uncaring. This certainly is not the impression we wish to give our guests and we encourage our staff to be empathetic and sincere when listening to guests feedback. I take all the comments from our guests very seriously and will make changes to improve quality and service whenever possible. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I hope you will visit us again so that our staff can demonstrate their true service ability.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 22 June 2012

This hotel is only minutes to Calgary Airport. If you are taking an early morning flight it is a great place to stay. The hotel is more like a W than an Best Western, I mean that in a positive way. Nice bedding, amenities, magnifying mirror, coffee maker, microwave, granite counters, flat screen tv and modern decor....

The free breakfast buffet is well stocked. Keep in mind that the breakfast buffet opens at 6:00 so if your flight is early you may need to eat at the airport. I was trying to grab some fruit and coffee and was greeted by two large busloads of foreign tourists trying to figure out how to use the Belgium waffle iron..... it would have been humorous but I was in a rush.

The gym has new equipment (Livestrong) and is roomy. Pool has a water slide. The pool is not designed for lap swimming.

Hotel offers a free shuttle to the airport, it leaves on the 1/2 hour. Book your reservation early. The shuttle will pick you up at the airport, just call from the lower level phone near bay 10-12.

Limited food. There is a reason the front desk sells lean cuisine. That may be your only option if you arrive late and hungry...... I did see a Chinese restaurant deliver food, so that may be an option. The hotel is in an industrial area, so there is no coffee shop, diner other eatery to walk to. If the hotel restaurant is closed, your options are limited to the lean cuisine style dinners or ice cream and candy.....

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank DaraTheExplorer
Dara, Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about our property and rate us with such a high review. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed all areas of the hotel and managed to get breakfast despite the large number of early departures. For your next visit please keep in mind that we offer a to go breakfast for guests that leave prior to 6am - just mention to the front desk that you are leaving early and they will arrange for a continental breakfast in a bag when you check out.
South Haven, Michigan
Reviewed 21 June 2012

This was just what we needed as we arrived into Calgary airport in the evening. It was conveniently located near the airport so we didn't have to go into downtown Calgary. The rooms were clean, comfortable and a full breakfast buffet was included in the price. Perfect choice for near the airport. But if you want to be near the action of downtown Calgary look elsewhere.

1 Thank Traveler49090
, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 22 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and refering to us as the perfect choice near the airport. I appreciate your 5 star review and hope that you will return to Calgary in the near future and stay with us again.
Menlo Park, California
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We are a family of 3 adults visiting Calgary and stayed in a suite at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites in early-June due to the positive comments on Tripadvisor. The hotel is very new and is located near the airport, to the north of Calgary. If you’re visiting Calgary, there are hotels closer to downtown. Check-in was efficient and this being a “premier” Bestwestern, the hotel had an upscale feel in décor and facilities. The suite was well-furnished: 2 flatscreen TVs, with 2 queen beds in the bedroom and a pullout sofabed in the living room. The bathroom was on the small-side, but clean and well-kept. A small fridge was available in the room for our perishable fruits. There is a heated indoor pool and water slide and business center (with 2 computers and fast printer). Hot breakfast was included in the room rate and was above average. There was fruits, yogurt, choice of cereals, hard-boiled eggs, (make your own) waffle, muffins, fruit juices, oatmeal and hot items like bacon, sausage, hashbrowns and a cook to make your omlette (with choice of toppings like bell peppers, cheese, onion and ham). Staff who served breakfast was very friendly and helpful. Overall it was a very pleasant and comfortable stay and we would return to Premier Freeport Inn & Suites in future.

4 Thank EvanL
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
I'm pleased to hear that you selected our location based on the positive reviews we have on Tripadvisor from customers like yourself. I appreciate you taking the time to post your comments for future guests to read and hopefully use as a tool to also decide to stay at the Best Western Premier Freeport Inn and Stuites. We look forward to your return visit.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We only stayed one night, but this airport hotel is excellent. It's very new. We had a beautiful room with a spa and fireplace. The staff were wonderful. They have a restaurant and we arrived late one night but still managed to get a nice meal served to us, and in the morning, a lovely hot and cold buffet breakfast was included. We made use of their laundrette, which was so handy. We didn't notice any noise from airplanes taking off and landing nearby. Highly recommend this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SuenDarren
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide your wonderful comments about our staff, food and the King Suite at the Best Western Premier Freeport Inn and Suites. I truly appreciate the 5 star rating as well as hearing about how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you have the opportunity to come back and visit us again in the future.
Blaine Lake, Canada
Reviewed 7 June 2012

My husband and I stayed her for one night and we loved it! For just over $100 the rooms were clean, modern and the beds were very comfortable. The next morning we got up for the complimentary breakfast and were amazed on the selection. There was omelets, hashbrowns, crepes, sausages etc....if we were to go to a restaurant instead we would have easily spent 25 dollars or more to eat the stuff we did. Staying here was well worth the money.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nicoleboisson
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Your comments about our extensive complimentary breakfast are greatly appreciated! It's wonderful to hear how much our guests enjoy the selection and the build your own omlette station. Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel and I hope to see you again soon in the near future.
Sherwood Park, Canada
Reviewed 6 June 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the BWPFI&S on May 26, 27. It was a wonderful place to stay. The front desk staff were friendly. I had two reservations due to one night being free through Tripadvisor and they quickly made sure our room was the same for both nights. The free business computers were handy when I had to print out some materials during the evening for work (does it ever go away any more?).

The room was great because I like it cold and was by the window while my daughter likes it warm and was on the other side of the fireplace with it on and stayed toasty. The free internet wireless worked very well. I found the staff friendly and they smiled and joked with me as I met them on the elevator and in the halls.

The breakfast was excellent. On Sunday there was even an omelette station where they cooked omelettes and eggs to order. My only suggestion would be to add "spray top and bottom of waffle maker with non-stick spray" to the instructions of the self-serve serve waffle maker.

Checkout was efficient and painless. We did not get to use the pool because my daughter had just had her hair done (grade 9 grad the following week - they grow so fast!) but it looked great.

The room was clean and refreshed Saturday after we left about one in the afternoon (teenage daughter need I say more?)

I will definitely stay here again. it is a very good value for the money.

Room Tip: top floor has no noise