Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$149
Hotel Elan(Calgary)
US$122
Hotel Elan
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Suites Downtown(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$101
1,585 results
All reviewsomelette stationclose to the airportomelette barmade to order omeletscalgary airportgreat hotelcross iron millsbest westernsfree breakfastking suitehash brownsdeerfoot trailhot breakfastwaffle makerfront desk staffexcellent breakfastfresh fruit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We booked in for an overnight stay, called reception from the courtesy phone at the airport & the shuttle bus turned up reasonably promptly. The driver was helpful & the receptionist greeted us with a ready smile & had our docs ready. The room was great ie it met all our requirements - space, cleanliness etc etc. The complimentary breakfast was more than adequate & again the staff helpful. We arranged to take the shhuttle back to the airport to connect with the Brewster bus & again the driver was pleasant & helpful. Well done BW.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Battery17
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

I'm pleased to hear that we could be a part of your welcome to Calgary and that we met or exceeded your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I hope you enjoyed the balance of your visit to Canada.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

We arrived after 1am and were picked up at airport registered promptly.
Had a great breaakfast and easy check out the next morning.
Room excellent condition.
I am sorry Chrystal K had a bad day but her review must be for aanother motel not this one.

2  Thank fisher41
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our property and rating us so highly. I'm happy that we left such a great impression despite your visit being of such a short duration. I hope that you can stay with us for longer on your next visit to Calgary.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

I was glad I booked early for lower rates. Front staff ignored me and not friendly. From the pictures on the website I thought they had in-room movie which means "the movie channel" and they served powered potatoes. The bacon was rancid and when I told the front desk they gave me a dirty look and said 'oh'. The only good thing was the cleaning staff. Very freindly great at their job. I stayed at other hotels for half the price, same decor and more services.

6  Thank Crystal K
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Dear Crystal, I am very sorry our front desk staff came across as unfriendly and uncaring. This certainly is not the impression we wish to give our guests and we encourage our staff to be empathetic and sincere when listening to guests feedback. I take all the comments from our guests very seriously and will make changes to improve quality and service whenever possible. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I hope you will visit us again so that our staff can demonstrate their true service ability.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

This hotel is only minutes to Calgary Airport. If you are taking an early morning flight it is a great place to stay. The hotel is more like a W than an Best Western, I mean that in a positive way. Nice bedding, amenities, magnifying mirror, coffee maker, microwave, granite counters, flat screen tv and modern decor....

The free breakfast buffet is well stocked. Keep in mind that the breakfast buffet opens at 6:00 so if your flight is early you may need to eat at the airport. I was trying to grab some fruit and coffee and was greeted by two large busloads of foreign tourists trying to figure out how to use the Belgium waffle iron..... it would have been humorous but I was in a rush.

The gym has new equipment (Livestrong) and is roomy. Pool has a water slide. The pool is not designed for lap swimming.

Hotel offers a free shuttle to the airport, it leaves on the 1/2 hour. Book your reservation early. The shuttle will pick you up at the airport, just call from the lower level phone near bay 10-12.

Limited food. There is a reason the front desk sells lean cuisine. That may be your only option if you arrive late and hungry...... I did see a Chinese restaurant deliver food, so that may be an option. The hotel is in an industrial area, so there is no coffee shop, diner other eatery to walk to. If the hotel restaurant is closed, your options are limited to the lean cuisine style dinners or ice cream and candy.....

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank DaraTheExplorer
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Dara, Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about our property and rate us with such a high review. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed all areas of the hotel and managed to get breakfast despite the large number of early departures. For your next visit please keep in mind that we offer a to go breakfast for guests that leave prior to 6am - just mention to the front desk that you are leaving early and they will arrange for a continental breakfast in a bag when you check out.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

This was just what we needed as we arrived into Calgary airport in the evening. It was conveniently located near the airport so we didn't have to go into downtown Calgary. The rooms were clean, comfortable and a full breakfast buffet was included in the price. Perfect choice for near the airport. But if you want to be near the action of downtown Calgary look elsewhere.

1  Thank Traveler49090
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and refering to us as the perfect choice near the airport. I appreciate your 5 star review and hope that you will return to Calgary in the near future and stay with us again.