“Beautiful Hotel, But Nothing Around Except The Airport” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,245 helpful votes
“Beautiful Hotel, But Nothing Around Except The Airport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

Wow! How do you describe such an exquisite hotel? You pull up to this hotel and from the outside, it looks great.

Upon entering, you notice how sheik, clean, and modern this hotel is. The front desk staff were very attentive and check-in was a breeze.

The rooms are a nice size. You walk into an ultra-modern room dressed in brown tones. There is a closet and kitchenette, a nice-size bathroom with granite counter top and plenty of shelves for your toiletries.

As you enter the main living area, there is a desk with a chair. Another chair with a hassock and a lamp for reading or lounging. There are two queen beds with soft luxurious sheets set upon them. A dresser and bench finish out the room. There is also a large flat screen TV hung on the wall. The room is very comfortable for four people.

This hotel serves a complementary breakfast, to include a made-to-order omelet bar. They also have a waffle maker if you feel like making your own, four types of cereals, oatmeal with toppings, fresh fruits, juices, muffins, breads, coffees, teas and milk.

They have a nice fitness area with two treadmills, elliptical machine, stationary bike, weight machine as well as free weights and a scale if you really must know if you've gained or lost anything while on vacation.

There is also a laundry room with a washer and dryer available for use right next to the fitness center.

Across the hall is the pool area containing a 2-story slide and jacuzzi.

This hotel is very close to the airport (less than 10 minutes), but there is nothing else around other than corporations and car dealers. The hotel sits at the end of the block, so you must constantly do a U-turn on an unpaved road to leave. It is near a highway and shopping is not too far away. I know the hotel also offers airport shuttle service for those in need.

I would definitely recommend staying here if you need to be close to the airport. I think in the future I would definitely stay here again, whether or not I needed to be by the airport.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Cynderella43
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
I am very impressed with the detailed review you posted about the Best Western Premier Freeport Inn and Suites. Your high praise about the majority of our services and amenities is greatly appreciated and I will be passing your comments onto our staff. If you return to Calgary I hope that I have the opportunity to meet you in person. Thank you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

Highly recommended. As four adult travellers, we booked 2 rooms (with King-Sized beds). The rooms were modern, spacious, and clean. The staff service was great - especially from the front desk manager who assisted us with the hotel shuttle service to the airport. The beds/pillows were quite comfortable, with minimal noise-levels outside our rooms. As a frequent traveller, having stayed at both 'the Acclaim' and "Delta' hotels, I would, without hesitation, recommend the Best Western Premier for the value received.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Jeffrey B
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
Jeffrey, we truly appreciate you taking the time to post your comments about the Best Western Premier Freeport Inn and Suites and rating us with 5's across the board. I'm always happy to hear when our staff provides exceptional service and our guests enjoy the quality of our rooms. As a frequent traveler I hope that we will see you again soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights. The price was excellent and we only paid a bit more to get a suite. The suite was well worth it as it had extra room, a microwave, fridge, sink and safe. The service from all the staff was super. Everyone we encountered was friendly and helpful. The location was excellent for our needs. It is close to major freeways which gave us easy and quick access to various parts of the city. Noise from the airport nearby was not an issue. We only heard 2 planes the entire weekend.
The only negative was finding some small amounts of garbage on the floor in our room from a previous guest. This would not deter me from staying here again. The price, location and service were terrific.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bluenosedolphin123
Thank you for posting your review about the Best Western Premier Freeport Inn and Suites. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed your room and our friendly staff. I appreciate your comment about the housekeeping issue and I will be sure to follow up on this. I look forward to your next visit.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2012

We booked in for an overnight stay, called reception from the courtesy phone at the airport & the shuttle bus turned up reasonably promptly. The driver was helpful & the receptionist greeted us with a ready smile & had our docs ready. The room was great ie it met all our requirements - space, cleanliness etc etc. The complimentary breakfast was more than adequate & again the staff helpful. We arranged to take the shhuttle back to the airport to connect with the Brewster bus & again the driver was pleasant & helpful. Well done BW.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Battery17
I'm pleased to hear that we could be a part of your welcome to Calgary and that we met or exceeded your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I hope you enjoyed the balance of your visit to Canada.
Canoe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

We arrived after 1am and were picked up at airport registered promptly.
Had a great breaakfast and easy check out the next morning.
Room excellent condition.
I am sorry Chrystal K had a bad day but her review must be for aanother motel not this one.

2 Thank fisher41
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 28 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our property and rating us so highly. I'm happy that we left such a great impression despite your visit being of such a short duration. I hope that you can stay with us for longer on your next visit to Calgary.
Stony Plain, Alberta, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

I was glad I booked early for lower rates. Front staff ignored me and not friendly. From the pictures on the website I thought they had in-room movie which means "the movie channel" and they served powered potatoes. The bacon was rancid and when I told the front desk they gave me a dirty look and said 'oh'. The only good thing was the cleaning staff. Very freindly great at their job. I stayed at other hotels for half the price, same decor and more services.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Crystal K
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
Dear Crystal, I am very sorry our front desk staff came across as unfriendly and uncaring. This certainly is not the impression we wish to give our guests and we encourage our staff to be empathetic and sincere when listening to guests feedback. I take all the comments from our guests very seriously and will make changes to improve quality and service whenever possible. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I hope you will visit us again so that our staff can demonstrate their true service ability.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

This hotel is only minutes to Calgary Airport. If you are taking an early morning flight it is a great place to stay. The hotel is more like a W than an Best Western, I mean that in a positive way. Nice bedding, amenities, magnifying mirror, coffee maker, microwave, granite counters, flat screen tv and modern decor....

The free breakfast buffet is well stocked. Keep in mind that the breakfast buffet opens at 6:00 so if your flight is early you may need to eat at the airport. I was trying to grab some fruit and coffee and was greeted by two large busloads of foreign tourists trying to figure out how to use the Belgium waffle iron..... it would have been humorous but I was in a rush.

The gym has new equipment (Livestrong) and is roomy. Pool has a water slide. The pool is not designed for lap swimming.

Hotel offers a free shuttle to the airport, it leaves on the 1/2 hour. Book your reservation early. The shuttle will pick you up at the airport, just call from the lower level phone near bay 10-12.

Limited food. There is a reason the front desk sells lean cuisine. That may be your only option if you arrive late and hungry...... I did see a Chinese restaurant deliver food, so that may be an option. The hotel is in an industrial area, so there is no coffee shop, diner other eatery to walk to. If the hotel restaurant is closed, your options are limited to the lean cuisine style dinners or ice cream and candy.....

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank DaraTheExplorer
Dara, Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about our property and rate us with such a high review. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed all areas of the hotel and managed to get breakfast despite the large number of early departures. For your next visit please keep in mind that we offer a to go breakfast for guests that leave prior to 6am - just mention to the front desk that you are leaving early and they will arrange for a continental breakfast in a bag when you check out.