“Poor service”

Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 20 March 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here many times over the last few years and had stayed for almost 30 nights at the beginning of this year. This current stay by far has been the worst experience. The room overall was fine, the house keeping and service staff are great, but it was the front desk service that we were not impressed with.

My husband had called and specifically reserved a jacuzzi suite and it was confirmed 100% that we had the room. We called on the day we were arriving to let them know we were coming in late and they had again confirmed the reservation and the room. When we had arrived and checked in, we found the room was not what they had confirmed. We informed front desk that the room was wrong and they pretty much said that they are all booked for the night and to take it or leave it. All the messages that we have left for management have been ignored.

I am NOT impressed especially since we have been loyal customers and have stayed so many nights already this year. I will be hard pressed to recommend any of our friends and family to this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank Jadevallis
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

Dear Jadevallis, I am very sorry that your room reservation was not as expected. In looking at our hotel system the original reservation was not made in a Jacuzzi room and at the time the reservation was made we were sold out of Jacuzzi suites. I am not sure where the confusion has occured on this booking. I am also sorry that your messages to management were ignored - I did check with our Director of Sales, whom I believe your husband has her direct cell number, and she did not recieve any messages. Unfortunately I did not recieve any message either and thus we were not able to return your call and address your comments. I certainly never like to hear that guests needs are not looked after, I will continue to look into this situation and then call you to follow up in person. We truly appreciate your prior business and wish that this incident did not leave you with such a poor feeling about our hotel.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

I stayed at this location due to my flight being delayed. I must say West Jet took care of me well! Had great sleep, nice room, internet worked great.
Mostly I want to comment on the Lounge. The Hotel was booked full due to the storm. I don't think the lounge had ever been so full, it was a hour wait for food. I sat at the bar and just observed it all. The Manger was outstanding!! After watching an afternoon of "Save this Bar", I thought it was ironic to see this. Shannon, did an outstanding job of keeping everything under control. Usually we complain so I really want to pass on a good word. The food was pretty good too!
*note: if you are in a snow storm this may not be the best location as not much to do and you are not close to other locations

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Smilee420

Thank you so much for commenting on the great job Shannon did on a very busy evening with may guests that were delayed due to the huge snow storm. I have printed and posted your comments for all the staff to see. I really appreciate your time in posting your comments and rating our hotel. I hope you will stay with us again for a planned visit.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Very nice room and the suite with spa was absolutely fantastic.
Easy to drive to the hotel from the airport. Clean room, no noise from roads.
Not far from stores.
We enjoyed our stay and will come back!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Elise S, Director of Sales at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2013

Hello Taros,

Thanks for your comments about your recent stay in our King Jacuzzi Suite. We are fortunate to have such lovely suites equipped with two- person tub, granite shower, dual bathroom vanities, fireplace, wall mounted 42" HDTV, mini fridge, personal robes... the list goes on. Next time, phone ahead and add a Romance Package, with roses, rose petals, and wine to set the mood!

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

All new rooms, service at the front desk was very good. Nice slide in the in the pool for the little kids. More than I expected from a best Western. Good fast free internet was available. I did not try the restaurant so can not comment.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear Frederico,

Thanks for your comments on your stay with us. We love hearing how 'new' our hotel is, as we are celebrating our 2nd birthday this month! We opened as Canada's 1st Best Western PREMIER in March 2011 and are only one of four across the country. Thanks for giving us the chance to give you more then you expected- we love to 'WOW' our guests.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

We stayed here before leaving on a holiday to Mexico. Check-in was easy and rooms were very nice and we were even upgraded. We went out for supper and then came back for a drink at the lounge before going to bed. We left very early the next morning for the airport so did not have the breakfast but was given a muffin, juice and a banana to go. The best thing about it was that I got to park the car there while on our holiday and got a free shuttle to and from the airport with the hotel stay. I booked the room package with parking included for 1 week.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Cantal,

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We like to be the place where you start your vacation, and appreciate your comments about how nice your stay was. Glad you were able to book our Sleep and Fly package (those book up quickly!) and enjoyed our Lounge for a post-evening beverage. I hope the rest of your holiday was just as good!

Reviewed 11 March 2013

Stayed with my 8-year old for a night away. I love this hotel. The staff is great, rooms are fantastic, the pool is wonderful and the complimentary breakfast sets a standard I've never found in another hotel. Great job, I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Hello ChrissyJ,

Thanks for your comments regarding your recent stay. We always try to make even our smallest guests feel right at home, this might be why we were voted one of the Top Hotels in Canada for Families in 2012.

We look forward to seeing you and your son in the pool again soon!

Reviewed 11 March 2013

Check in was very efficient. King suite was very well appointed and clean. Towel quality not up to premier standard and should be upgraded. Also Hotel needs to introduce an in room recycling program. Breakfast excellent. Evening dinner excellent. Location convenient to major north south highway and airport. Parking is very limited and needs to be expanded as long term parking inter-mingled with daily parking. There simply are not enough spots available.,Check out process needs to improve by inquiring from guest how the stay was and to welcome them back. In our case the reception took our keys and said nothing. Overall a very good hotel and very good value for price paid.

Room Tip: Take a room facing away from airport as plane noise is a bit of an issue.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Hello Bert,

Thanks for your comments regarding your stay with us. Thanks for scoring us a 5! You will be happy to know we are working to impliment a better recycling program and have recently ordered some new towels. Your comments were also noted in our Guest Satisfaction survey and they will be acted upon immediately.

We hope you can note some positive changes during your next stay with us.