Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites
US$127
US$122
Hotel Elan
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Suites Downtown(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$101
BestWestern.com
1,585 results
All reviewsomelette stationclose to the airportomelette barmade to order omeletscalgary airportgreat hotelcross iron millsbest westernsfree breakfastking suitehash brownsdeerfoot trailhot breakfastwaffle makerfront desk staffexcellent breakfastfresh fruit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Just spent one night at the new BW Premier Freeport Inn and Suites. The hotel is located 5 minutes north of the Calgary airport and has excellent shuttle service.
We were impressed by the property and the excellent service.
Will definitely stay here again next time we fly out of Calgary

Room Tip: Book your shuttle time at check in. If you are leaving very early you can request a simple box breakfast and it will be waiting for you at check out.
Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

We thank you for your time in posting a review and comments about our property. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay and were impressed by the service you recieved. I really enjoy hearing back from our guests.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed 24 April 2013 via mobile

Was an excellent experience. Only downside was a bit of noise from airplanes and the air/heat in the room. Breakfast was exceptional.

The location is close to the airport and near cross iron mill. Waterpark at hotel looked fun.

I definitely would stay here again and would recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank wetravelalot4fun

Thank you for your recommendation and for taking the time to post your review about the Best Western Premier Freeport Inn and Suites. I really appreciate hearing comments from our guests. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

We had a great two night stay at the Freeport, in a King Fireplace Room. We were there as part of a taekwondo tournament and enjoyed our stay. The room was very clean, very cozy (perfect to have a fireplace when yet another blizzard hit city while we were in town), and all staff was very friendly. I mean everyone! Each staff member I passed, whether maintenance, housekeeping, restaurant/bar, front desk, etc smiled and said hello, like they actually meant it.

The pool was warm and on our final morning, when I entered the pool with my children, I noticed a maintenance man hurry to turn on the water for the water slide so that I didn't have to do ring front desk :) They are doing renos on some parts of the hotel but nothing that bothered us at all.

Breakfast was great! We could order a custom omelette from a list of about 10 different put-ins and they were SO GOOD. Another bonus mark for a chilly weekend - hot breakfast included! Yum!

We ordered from the restaurant on our first evening and the food was fast and delicious.

And on our last evening there, we had a car accident on the icy roads and barely limped the car back from the SW to the hotel in the NE. We were worried we would not be able to get it fixed in time for check-out but the hotel was very accomodating and said we could easily stay til 2pm before the room had to be cleaned. As it turned out, we got it fixed right away in the morning and left at exactly 11am. But it was nice to have understanding staff so I wasn't wondering what to do with my kids while waiting in frigid temperatures. We went to the pool instead :)

The only 'issue' we had is that we had booked the hotel prior to finding out it would also be our tournament hotel. When I asked at check-in if we could have the tournament rate, one desk attendant said no, and that my 'Stay Two Nights' promotion I had originally booked under was almost the same price anyway. I found out later that there was actually almost $30 a night difference, so I went to the front desk to ask again and I was given the tournament rate with no questions asked. So thank you very much! It turned out we needed that extra cash to get our car fixed :S

Beautiful hotel, friendly staff, and a great stay. We will stay again one day! Probably for another tournament :)

Room Tip: Note: This hotel is past the airport to the north. Excellent spot if you want to head to the Cross Iron Mills mall. It is only a few minutes away by car :)
1  Thank kezt777
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

You are most welcome! And thank you for taking the time to post your comments and review. I truly appreciate hearing about the great job that our staff are doing. I believe that they genuinely like their jobs and enjoy looking after our guests. I will post your comments for all our staff to see! I hope you did well in the tournament!

Reviewed 19 April 2013

We arrived in the middle of an April snowstorm to smiling faces and helpful staff. I always stay at this hotel when I have to overnight at Calgary Airport. The rooms are good, my only complaint being poor lightening, but that is common at many hotels. There is no restaurant, only the breakfast bar which is very good. A hotel a couple blocks away has an Italian restaurant. There is a pool but I have never used it. Overall a great place to stay for a night.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hi Denise, thank you for your repeat business and for taking the time to post your comments. I am surprised at your comment about no restaurant as we do in fact have a Lounge/Restaurant immediately off from the lobby. We are not currently open for lunch but we are open daily from 4pm to midnight for evening service. I hope you will have time during your next visit to enjoy our food and beverage in the @ Liberty Lounge. Thank you again for your review.