“Outstanding property; excellent service”

Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
GreenLeadersBronze level
Edmonton, Canada
“Outstanding property; excellent service”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

No complaints at all. Clean and roomy. Loved the fireplace in our king suite. The free breakfast complete with omelette bar was above our expectation. Never met a cranky staff member. Especially liked Lee and Sara, who both helped us at the desk and drove the (free) shuttle. They were fabulous. The location was a little out of the way, but between the excellent shuttle service and the great Calgary public transportation system, we did just fine without a rental car. Hopefully will have opportunity to stay again.
The only reason I put average for room service and spa was because we didn't use these.

Room Tip: I don't know if there would be a bad room. We were extremely close to the elevator and we heard...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NewTraveller039
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
I am truly blessed to have great staff and when I read comments like yours I feel very proud to have such a great team. I will be sure to let Lee and Sara know they were singled out on your review. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your stay and I too hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I stayed here with my family in December 2013 before we left for Mexico. The hotel is clean, rooms are awesome the two way fireplace was a nice touch. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We ate dinner in the restaurant and it was quite good. The included breakfast was quite good and started early enough that we could get a hot meal before catching our flight. They even had a lady making omelets! One very nice perk was that you could park your vehicle there for a charge while we went to Mexico for a week and it was a very reasonable price. The included airport shuttle made it so convenient for my family to be able to just call them when we were ready to go and not wait around at the airport like we had to in the past for other hotels. I would recommend this hotel to anyone in Calgary and we will be staying here again this year before our next Xmas vacation even though we live in Calgary just because they made getting to and from the airport so easy and convenient for early morning flights.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Hola! I am so pleased that you started your Mexican vacation with us even though you live in Calgary. Our sleep and fly package works great for guests that want to get an early start to their vacation and avoid the dreaded early morning drive and park to the airport. We look forward to your return in December.
Canada
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Just spent one night at the new BW Premier Freeport Inn and Suites. The hotel is located 5 minutes north of the Calgary airport and has excellent shuttle service.
We were impressed by the property and the excellent service.
Will definitely stay here again next time we fly out of Calgary

Room Tip: Book your shuttle time at check in. If you are leaving very early you can request a simple box brea...
Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
We thank you for your time in posting a review and comments about our property. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay and were impressed by the service you recieved. I really enjoy hearing back from our guests.
Sherwood Park, Canada
Reviewed 24 April 2013 via mobile

Was an excellent experience. Only downside was a bit of noise from airplanes and the air/heat in the room. Breakfast was exceptional.

The location is close to the airport and near cross iron mill. Waterpark at hotel looked fun.

I definitely would stay here again and would recommend.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank wetravelalot4fun
Thank you for your recommendation and for taking the time to post your review about the Best Western Premier Freeport Inn and Suites. I really appreciate hearing comments from our guests. We look forward to your next stay.
Medicine Hat, Canada
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We had a great two night stay at the Freeport, in a King Fireplace Room. We were there as part of a taekwondo tournament and enjoyed our stay. The room was very clean, very cozy (perfect to have a fireplace when yet another blizzard hit city while we were in town), and all staff was very friendly. I mean everyone! Each staff member I passed, whether maintenance, housekeeping, restaurant/bar, front desk, etc smiled and said hello, like they actually meant it.

The pool was warm and on our final morning, when I entered the pool with my children, I noticed a maintenance man hurry to turn on the water for the water slide so that I didn't have to do ring front desk :) They are doing renos on some parts of the hotel but nothing that bothered us at all.

Breakfast was great! We could order a custom omelette from a list of about 10 different put-ins and they were SO GOOD. Another bonus mark for a chilly weekend - hot breakfast included! Yum!

We ordered from the restaurant on our first evening and the food was fast and delicious.

And on our last evening there, we had a car accident on the icy roads and barely limped the car back from the SW to the hotel in the NE. We were worried we would not be able to get it fixed in time for check-out but the hotel was very accomodating and said we could easily stay til 2pm before the room had to be cleaned. As it turned out, we got it fixed right away in the morning and left at exactly 11am. But it was nice to have understanding staff so I wasn't wondering what to do with my kids while waiting in frigid temperatures. We went to the pool instead :)

The only 'issue' we had is that we had booked the hotel prior to finding out it would also be our tournament hotel. When I asked at check-in if we could have the tournament rate, one desk attendant said no, and that my 'Stay Two Nights' promotion I had originally booked under was almost the same price anyway. I found out later that there was actually almost $30 a night difference, so I went to the front desk to ask again and I was given the tournament rate with no questions asked. So thank you very much! It turned out we needed that extra cash to get our car fixed :S

Beautiful hotel, friendly staff, and a great stay. We will stay again one day! Probably for another tournament :)

Room Tip: Note: This hotel is past the airport to the north. Excellent spot if you want to head to the Cross I...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kezt777
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
You are most welcome! And thank you for taking the time to post your comments and review. I truly appreciate hearing about the great job that our staff are doing. I believe that they genuinely like their jobs and enjoy looking after our guests. I will post your comments for all our staff to see! I hope you did well in the tournament!
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 19 April 2013

We arrived in the middle of an April snowstorm to smiling faces and helpful staff. I always stay at this hotel when I have to overnight at Calgary Airport. The rooms are good, my only complaint being poor lightening, but that is common at many hotels. There is no restaurant, only the breakfast bar which is very good. A hotel a couple blocks away has an Italian restaurant. There is a pool but I have never used it. Overall a great place to stay for a night.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hi Denise, thank you for your repeat business and for taking the time to post your comments. I am surprised at your comment about no restaurant as we do in fact have a Lounge/Restaurant immediately off from the lobby. We are not currently open for lunch but we are open daily from 4pm to midnight for evening service. I hope you will have time during your next visit to enjoy our food and beverage in the @ Liberty Lounge. Thank you again for your review.