“Nice Accommodations Near the Airport”

Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
GreenLeadersBronze level
Orlando, Florida
“Nice Accommodations Near the Airport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

We stayed here on the first and last nights of our recent family vacation to the Canadian Rockies. The hotel has large, clean, quiet rooms. It also has a nice pool with a large slide the kids loved. The complimentary breakfast was also great, offering many hot offerings including bacon, sausage and made to order omelets. The only down side to this hotel is the lack of restaurants in the immediate area, although there are plenty just a few miles down the road.

1 Thank FLtallguy
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Thank you for including us as your pre and post vacation visit to Calgary and the Canadian Rockies. We truly appreciate you taking the time to post such a wonderful review and comments about your families experience in the swimming pool and how much you enjoyed the complimentary full breakfast. We hope you have another excuse to come and visit in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

Recently stayed here. Great room. Wonderful front desk service especially by Lisa who couldn't do enough to ensure our stay was great. Closest to the Airport but couldn't hear the planes fly by. Excellent breakfast hosted by Helen. The next time I'm in Calgary will definitely stay here again. Only one concern...where to eat dinner. We found ourselves going north (approx. 2 exits) to Cross Irons Outlet Mall or driving south into Calgary (eg MacLeod Drive). Loved the clean room with the fridge, microwave, free Wi-Fi, excellent channels, etc.

Room Tip: From our room on the back of the hotel we could see the Rocky Mountains!
2 Thank Donnad9
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 June 2013
Hi Donna, Thank you for posting such a great review and comments about the Best Western Premier Freeport Inn and Suites. I will be sure to comment the staff that you have singled out, it's great to hear about the excellent service they are giving to our guests. I hope that you will be able to join us again in the near future.
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

We've chosen this hotel because we based on the reviews on this website and here is our breakdown:

Staffs : 4/5 Most of them are nice and friendly!

Bed : 2/5 too soft!!!

Location : If someone chose to be near the airport so this is your hotel, otherwise, for us, we think it is too far from everything else ... so we would give it a 2.5/5

Breakfast : ok but we've seen better in comparable type of hotel so I would give it 2/5

Quality vs Price : 3.5/5

Recommended : Yes

1 Thank J T
Thank you for breaking down your review so that we have a more detailed understanding of why we were just OK for you. I appreciate hearing your feedback and will work to improve the areas that we have control over. Thank you for recommending us and we will continue to strive for excellence.
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

I was a little hesitant at first to book this hotel as it is a bit on the pricey side, but I am very glad I did! I got into Calgary around 10pm, and was picked up at the airport terminal by the shuttle. I was in town for a job interview, and my super awesome shuttle driver got me there right on time (despite the traffic and that the shuttle technically only goes to the airport terminal, not other airport locations)! Very, very friendly staff! I had good sleep, though I think it would have been better if I hadn't been keyed up about the interview the next day. The airport is close by, so you do get a bit of noise from that, but it's very minimal. Very nice self serve breakfast in the morning!

What stood out the most to me was my shuttle driver. We had a great chat as he was driving me around. After dropping me off for my interview, he offered to pick me up when it was done. About 4 hours later when my interview was done, he picked me up and dropped me off at the airport for my flight home. At no point did he have to do any of this, but he was very happy to help! That's what I call customer service!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank BeechAviator
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
Thank you for the "Awesome" review and comments about your stay and experience with our staff. I'm always pleased to hear about the extra special things our staff are able to to for our guests that set us aside from other locations. I have to say that we can't offer this kind of special service all the time as our shuttle has a priority to deliver and pick up guests from the airport. I hope your interview went well and you will be visiting on a more permanent basis in the future.
Pontefract, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

We chose the Best Western due to our late arrival in Calgary. Aside of the industrial location you expect when staying close to Calgary airport, this hotel is fantastic. The rooms are large with 2 double beds, fridge, microwave, free wifi, and a large tv with a good choice of channels. The bar is fine to grab a beer and a meal, the food was nice and the price was acceptable. The complementary hot breakfast was a bonus and set us up nicely for our drive into the Rockies. Definitely would visit again.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank UKF1Fan
I'm so glad that you chose to start your adventure to the Canadian Rockies at our property. After a long flight we are one of the closed hotels to the airport at just 8 minutes door to door and as you know you can start enjoying your vacation almost immediately after you plane lands. Thank you for posting such a great review of our hotel and I hope you are staying with us prior to your departure back home.
Lloydminster, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

Stayed here in 2012 for the Stampede.
Everything was superb from the check in to check out.
The rooms are spacious, definitely has the home away from home feeling.
My favourite part of the hotel was the breakfast. The breakfast is to die for, it has a hot breakfast with also made to order station that you can order omelettes. Best part is that this is all complimentary.

The only thing that was disappointing was the lack of service when my partner and I experienced in the lounge when we checked in. The girl did not seem to interested in being there and took forever for someone to approach our table to order.

I would recommend getting down to breakfast quite early as there is limited seating especially since we there during a busy time for the city.

I would definitely be back when I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christopher W
Thank you for posting your review and comments from the your visit with us during the100th Anniversary of the Calgary Stampede. I believe that you would experience excellent service in our restaurant now and we also have an overflow area for breakfast during busy times. We still strive to be a home away from home and hope that you will join us again for the 2013 Calgary Stampede.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

We arrived late at night. I had a reservation but upon arrival I was advised that there were only 2 rooms left and they both had plumbing problems. They made arrangements to move us to a Comfort Inn Hotel and picked up the cost.
The hotel was fine but we received a room with double beds. We discovered the next morning that they had moved us further away from Calgary instead of closer. It cost us over $65 to get a cab into the city. This was $30 more than it would have cost from B/W. If we had know that we would have called the B/W shuttle to come and pick us up.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

2 Thank P8726GDdavidb
I'm sorry that we had to move you from our hotel due to maintenance issues. We never like to do this as we know what an inconvenience it is. I'm sorry that you didn't take us up on the offer to shuttle you back to the hotel. I would invite you to contact me directly for your next visit so that I can make it up to you! Again, my sincere apologies for the added time and cost.