“Good Best Western near airport”

Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 November 2013

New Best Western at North end of Calgary serving airport. Rated Premier but perhaps should be Plus. Pricing also more in the Plus than Premier range, so good value. All excellent except distance to restaurant if you are on foot,but shuttle will drop off and pick up good Italian place nearby, which is certainly a nice service. Very big hot breakfast

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you for posting your review and rating cleanliness and service as 5's. We strive to deliver exceptional service as a Premier and consider cleanliness to be our customers top priority and so it is our top priority. I'm please that you found our pricing to be good value and hope that we will see you here again.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights, the hotel was nice, clean and new. Another thing that we liked was they had complimentary breakfast buffet and the food was good. The only reason why we will most probably not going back is the terrible customer service we experienced during our stay. The concierge was less than accomodating, we arrived 45 mins early for check in, we were told it was not until 3 pm so we requested for an early check in instead but then informed the room was not ready yet. So okay, that was understandable, what can you do right? But the thing was, the receptionist's apology felt like it came out of his nose, didn't care at all. We waited in the lobby until the next hour, went back to the front desk at 3 o'clock on the dot, and still, told us that the room was not available. We did not demand nor complained for anything but, of course, we were not too happy about it. We were exhausted from an 8 hour drive and considering that was our first time staying in a Best Western we were expecting a little bit more after reading all the reviews. Anyways, on our last day, we phoned the front desk for a late check out for 12nn instead of their standard 11am but housekeeping knocked on our door four times between 8am-1100am asking if we are ready to check out. That was a tad too much for wanting to sleep in before our long drive back home.?Can't really blame the housekeeping though for trying to be efficient but obviously there was no communication between the hotel staff.

• Stayed: November 2013
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

I am so pleased that you took the time to provide me with feedback about the lack of service and sincerity from our front desk staff. I can only address these kind of issues if our guest let me know and I can assure you I will be following up with our team and using your information to coach them on all of your disappointments in service. I am very sorry and truly hope that you will come back and give us another chance to demonstrate Premier service! Please call and ask for the General Manager on you next visit to Calgary.

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Very positive experience.
True Calgary hospitality.
Friendly competent staff: front desk, maintenance, housekeeping, kitchen, and dining room staff!
Complementary breakfast wonderful: omelette and waffle stations. Full breakfast.
Dinner service and menu very good.
Kitchen and serving staff work to meet individual needs.
Rooms clean and kept clean.
Staff at this hotel know their responsibilities and take pride in their work.
I will choose this hotel again.

Stayed: November 2013

May Carol, I really appreciate hearing your comments about our team and the service they delivered to you during your visit. I will be sure to share this posting with my staff. We look forward to your return visit and I hope I have the opportunity to meet you.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 November 2013

The rooms are very nice , beds very comfortable, close to Airport and major shopping center. The room was spacious, and very clean.Would stay again when in area.The access to major routes was convenient . close to LRT systems.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review and comments. I appreciate your comments about our convenient location to shopping, the airport and the Deerfoot Trail ( highway #2 North and South) and the new Ring road running East and West. It's wonderful that you plan to stay with us again on your next trip to Calgary!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

we spent one night at this hotel, there was a group of 4 adults. the hotel was very clean with inviting decor. our room was very nice,spacious and well furnished, was not expecting it to be as nice as it was because of the price we paid, pleasant surprise. used the pool and enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast in the morning before leaving. we would definitely stay at this hotel again when staying over in calgary. one odd thing was if you wanted to rent a movie you had to go to front desk and pick up a dvd recorder and then pick a movie from a box of dvds! seemed really odd and behind the times, aren't movies on the tv nowadays? lol

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

I truly appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback and post a review about your visit to our hotel. I'm glad that your group felt that we provided great value and exceeded your expectation for the quality of our rooms and the complimentary breakfast. I'm pleased to hear that you will stay with us the next time you are in Calgary. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

The hotel prices downtown Calgary are ridiculous. This hotel is a really well kept place that reasonably priced and very conveniently located near the airport. A cold and hot complimentary breakfast. The front desk staff were very helpful and accommodating - I did ask to change rooms (the first smelled like old cigarette smoke but the second did not have a trace) and they found and couriered back a suit jacket I had left in the room. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

It is always wonderful to hear from our business travelers and receive your comments about our facility. Thank you for mentioning how helpful and efficient our front desk staff was during and following your stay. I appreciate you taking the time to post a review and I hope that I will meet you on your next visit to Calgary.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

This is more of a business class hotel, and the rooms are beautifully furnished. We only stayed for one night (Saturday) and never got to check out the pool area but it looked nice from our room view. The staff were wonderful even offered to help up to my room since my hands were full with my baby and bags. The hot breakfast was pretty good. The waffle maker got clogged since the batter was too runny but the staff was prompt to clean it up. Layout for breakfast could be a little better. But overall our stay was great! I would go back for sure :)

Room Tip: hot breakfast is served from 6-10am. go before 9am to avoid the crowds and find a seat on weekends n...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and review of your visit to our property. I'm always please to hear examples of my staff going out of their way to assist guests and exceed their expectations. Great feedback about coming for breakfast before the crowds hit in the last 30 minutes of breakfast for any future guests that read your review.