“thanks for a great stay”

Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
GreenLeadersBronze level
Canberra, Australia
“thanks for a great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

this review is long over due .I stayed at this hotel for 2days in September 2013 and had a fantastic time my room was very clean had everything I needed and more the breakfast was excellent so was my meals in the evenings .the staff were fabulous the shuttle drivers went above and beyond their duties well done to all I had a wonderfull 2 day stay thank you all

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
I am pleased to see that we left a lasting impression with you that sparked this delayed review! We truly appreciate your high praise and hope that you will have an excuse to return in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Second stay. This hotel is convenient for airport. Large, spotless, elevators, a lot of hard-working, very obliging and efficient staff, free parking, guest laundry. Very easy to collect or return rental car because of free hotel shuttle bus service. Our dinner at the restaurant was excellent and outstanding breakfast with plenty of food and choices. Our King bed room on 4th floor was spacious, bathroom large and lots of storage, very comfortable bed, lounge, beautifully furnished room. The little bar area with sink, frig, microwave, china mugs and coffee maker was excellent. Hotel has worked brilliantly for us to use as overnighter before long flight home after long trip. Very relaxing place.

Room Tip: Higher floors have views.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
I am very happy to receive your 5 star review and comments about your return visit to our hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with my staff who are the back-bone to our hotels ongoing success! I hope that I can meet you on your next return to Calgary.
United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

This was our second time staying in this hotel when arriving at the airport in Calgary before heading to Medicine Hat. What originally attracted us was the shuttle provided from the airport but the hotel itself is great. The room was extremely clean and modern both times that we stayed. The bed was comfortable and the room well appointed. The first time we stayed the breakfast was pretty good, however this time it was amazing. From the made to order omelettes,perfectly cooked bacon, fantastic scrambled eggs, waffles, fresh fruit, hash browns...and on and on. To have that caliber of food included in your room rate is a deal in itself.

The only small issue we had as our room was some noise. I don't know if its was garbage trucks or plows below our window and it went on for 30 mins to an hour but it was at around 9 pm so no big deal.

We will never hesitate to stay here again and I would even say we will probably never even check out other hotels near the airport, and instead automatically book here.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MandaGirl
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and feelings about our hotels on TripAdvisor. It is wonderful to hear how much our guests value when we deliver the same quality of service and amenities each time they return. Thank you for selecting us at your automatic hotel of choice!
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

After staying at some of the Fairmont hotels over the pass 4 weeks this Inn has rooms better than some of the Fairmonts which cost 3 times the price. Very clean good size rooms with a nice bar area in the foyer area. Great breakfast in the morning with nice staff. If you want to go shopping there is a large mall close by. The airport is not far away so it easy to get there from this hotel which has a free shuttle.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for the comparison to 5 star hotels and rating us as equal or better! I'm pleased you found our location so conveniently located to shopping and the airport - both within a 10 minute drive. I really appreciate you taking the time to post your comments about your visit to our Premier location.
Brandon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

We found ourselves needing a room in Calgary after a wedding, and looking for a place to stay before heading out to Banff, we chose the BW Freeport. After all of the family obligations that day, we were late getting to hotel, and to be honest we simply checked in and crashed in a very quiet room. The bed was wonderfully comfortable and I slept great. I didn't try the breakfast prior to leaving as again there were family commitments. I have to say a huge Thank You to the staff here, as I left my shaving kit behind that night, and didn't realize until we'd got to our next destination. I made 1 phone call and my shaving kit was located and was set aside until I was able to make arrangements to have it picked up. I am very appreciative of this, and will look no further than the BW Freeport Inn next time I need a room in Calgary, AB.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Hi Mike, Thank you for posting a 5 star review of your recent visit with us. It is great to hear how well my staff handled helping you with your missed shaving kit. I hope that you will be able to join us again and will have more time to enjoy the hotel and all we have to offer.
Standard, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stay at this hotel several times a year for a wee break. It is close to our work and very quiet in spite of being near the airport. This past stay was for a New Year's Eve birthday celebration for a family member and we chose this hotel for our stay. It was fairly convenient to the restaurant we went to. As usual, the room, staff and service was exceptional

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hi Lynn, It is so nice to hear that a local Calgarian is choosing our hotel for an escape within the city. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and comments about your recent visit. I'm pleased to hear that our staff provided exceptional service during your stay. Happy New Year and we look forward to the next wee break!
alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

this hotel is close to the Calgary airport which provides a great room to get a good nights sleep for those early morning flights out or those late arrivals. the rooms are well done and bed are comfortable. the breakfast has a good selection and the restaurant on sight has good food

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us based on our proximity to the Calgary Airport - 8 min. door to door in our shuttle. I'm glad you had time to enjoy some food and beverage in our restaurant at night and the complimentary breakfast in the morning. We really appreciate the 5 star rating!