“Nice overnight hotel”

Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We stayed her November 14, 2013 prior to our flight to Mexico the following morning. Check in was quick and front desk staff very accommodating and friendly. We had an early morning flight, prior to the breakfast bar opening, and the hotel offered to have a small breakfast box ready for us when we checked out. Was perfect! Room was spacious, and very comfortable. Bathroom also very nice.

We ate at the restaurant in the hotel and we had a wonderful meal. Good service and good food. Very nice to have something right in the hotel to grab a bite to eat and a drink without having to leave the hotel. We are travelling again in February and have already made our reservation with the Best Western Freeport again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank mrsbrilz
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Thank you for including us in your vacation plans to Mexico or any other hot destination! It is great to hear that we could start your vacation festivities in our onsite restaurant and provide a relaxing evening before your early morning flights. I look forward to your return visit in February - be sure to say hello!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,531)

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Freeport Inn a great hotel. Good value for money. A little walk to a restaurant but too far in winter. There is a restaurant in the hotel but lacks atmosphere. Hotel made shuttle available to transport us to nearby restaurant and then pick us up. Cannot beat that.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Colin L

Colin, thank you for taking the time to post your review and comments about your visit with us. Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the atmosphere of our lobby restaurant but I am please to see that we were able to react and provide transportation to nearby alternative. We are making some décor changes in 2014 and I hope you will return and let me know if you find an improvement.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

this review is long over due .I stayed at this hotel for 2days in September 2013 and had a fantastic time my room was very clean had everything I needed and more the breakfast was excellent so was my meals in the evenings .the staff were fabulous the shuttle drivers went above and beyond their duties well done to all I had a wonderfull 2 day stay thank you all

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

I am pleased to see that we left a lasting impression with you that sparked this delayed review! We truly appreciate your high praise and hope that you will have an excuse to return in the near future.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Second stay. This hotel is convenient for airport. Large, spotless, elevators, a lot of hard-working, very obliging and efficient staff, free parking, guest laundry. Very easy to collect or return rental car because of free hotel shuttle bus service. Our dinner at the restaurant was excellent and outstanding breakfast with plenty of food and choices. Our King bed room on 4th floor was spacious, bathroom large and lots of storage, very comfortable bed, lounge, beautifully furnished room. The little bar area with sink, frig, microwave, china mugs and coffee maker was excellent. Hotel has worked brilliantly for us to use as overnighter before long flight home after long trip. Very relaxing place.

Room Tip: Higher floors have views.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

I am very happy to receive your 5 star review and comments about your return visit to our hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with my staff who are the back-bone to our hotels ongoing success! I hope that I can meet you on your next return to Calgary.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

This was our second time staying in this hotel when arriving at the airport in Calgary before heading to Medicine Hat. What originally attracted us was the shuttle provided from the airport but the hotel itself is great. The room was extremely clean and modern both times that we stayed. The bed was comfortable and the room well appointed. The first time we stayed the breakfast was pretty good, however this time it was amazing. From the made to order omelettes,perfectly cooked bacon, fantastic scrambled eggs, waffles, fresh fruit, hash browns...and on and on. To have that caliber of food included in your room rate is a deal in itself.

The only small issue we had as our room was some noise. I don't know if its was garbage trucks or plows below our window and it went on for 30 mins to an hour but it was at around 9 pm so no big deal.

We will never hesitate to stay here again and I would even say we will probably never even check out other hotels near the airport, and instead automatically book here.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MandaGirl

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and feelings about our hotels on TripAdvisor. It is wonderful to hear how much our guests value when we deliver the same quality of service and amenities each time they return. Thank you for selecting us at your automatic hotel of choice!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

After staying at some of the Fairmont hotels over the pass 4 weeks this Inn has rooms better than some of the Fairmonts which cost 3 times the price. Very clean good size rooms with a nice bar area in the foyer area. Great breakfast in the morning with nice staff. If you want to go shopping there is a large mall close by. The airport is not far away so it easy to get there from this hotel which has a free shuttle.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for the comparison to 5 star hotels and rating us as equal or better! I'm pleased you found our location so conveniently located to shopping and the airport - both within a 10 minute drive. I really appreciate you taking the time to post your comments about your visit to our Premier location.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We found ourselves needing a room in Calgary after a wedding, and looking for a place to stay before heading out to Banff, we chose the BW Freeport. After all of the family obligations that day, we were late getting to hotel, and to be honest we simply checked in and crashed in a very quiet room. The bed was wonderfully comfortable and I slept great. I didn't try the breakfast prior to leaving as again there were family commitments. I have to say a huge Thank You to the staff here, as I left my shaving kit behind that night, and didn't realize until we'd got to our next destination. I made 1 phone call and my shaving kit was located and was set aside until I was able to make arrangements to have it picked up. I am very appreciative of this, and will look no further than the BW Freeport Inn next time I need a room in Calgary, AB.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Hi Mike, Thank you for posting a 5 star review of your recent visit with us. It is great to hear how well my staff handled helping you with your missed shaving kit. I hope that you will be able to join us again and will have more time to enjoy the hotel and all we have to offer.