“Enjoyed my stay and close to airport”

Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I only stayed here one night, but really enjoyed my stay. The king bed room I had was spacious, well appointed and clean and the bed itself was very comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was better than I expected as well. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear Bonasa, As a "Top Contributor" I am very pleased that we were able to meet your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay for your one night. You should defenetly try out our Liberty Lounge on your next stay and I hope this stay will be the first of many more to come. You will always have a second home here at the Best Western Premier Calgary.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites

Reviewed 26 May 2014

This hotel is out by the airport but isn't really near the other airport hotels, which makes the location odd. Neither room my group had gave spectacular views. One room looked into a car sales lot and the other into the water slide. There are virtually no restaurants near this hotel, except for the hotel restaurant.

Despite the location, this is a very nice hotel. The beds were quite comfortable and the rooms clean. Each morning, there was complimentary hot breakfast which was appreciated. The exercise room had a couple of treadmills, a bike, and an elliptical. All the workout machines were oddly angled for watching any tv while working out.

Overall, this would be a fine hotel for someone just staying overnight to fly in or out of Calgray. Otherwise, it's a 20-30 minute drive to anything else in Calgary.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank kalley642

We are glad to hear you were able to enjoy some of our numerous amenities, including our Hot Buffet Breakfast and our Exercise room. I realize that our location may seem a bit odd but I can assure you our short distance to the airport is one of the best attractions of our location. Additionally, we are located 5 minutes away from Coventry Hills which has a wide selection of restaurants and other dinning venues and the biggest Shopping Mall in Calgary area, Cross Iron Mills, is located just 8 minutes north and has over 200 stores. Thank you for sharing your comments and I am sorry to hear that the location of our hotel didn't quite met your expectations.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

One of the best wheelchair accessible hotel rooms I've ever rented.. room had double beds.. a roll in shower, large bath room.. hotel is out of the busy down town area but a little 5-10 min drive to a more busy area of the NE side. Will Def book here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bdelightful

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review about your visit to our hotel. I truly appreciate you taking the time to let everyone know about the quality of our wheelchair accessible rooms and I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit. We are looking forward to see you again on your next trip to Calgary!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

My husband and I booked this hotel because we were looking for a park and fly package and were pleasantly surprised when we arrived at the hotel. The staff were friendly, incredibly efficient in checking us in, and helpful. Our room was wonderfully comfortable and clean. We are both fussy, but would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

I am pleased to hear that your experience with our hotel started as soon as you arrived! I'm glad to hear that you were happy with our sleep and fly package and that our staff was able to leave a lasting impression. Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments about our rooms! We look forward to your next visit and we really appreciate your recommendations.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

After a long flight, the last thing I want to do is to have to travel far from the airport to a so-called airport hotel. This hotel was close to the airport - five minutes or so by their shuttle, which turned up about ten minutes after I phoned for it. (Go to stand 10 outside the arrivals level and use the courtesy phone to request the shuttle.) The driver was helpful, which made life even better.

The hotel was friendly, very modern and very comfortable with the usual self-service breakfast. The single downside was that there was some aircraft noise from 4am, even with my windows closed. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere, so unless you have a car or need the airport it's not the place for you. Having said this, it is one the better airport hotels I have stayed at and I would certainly go there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank wakeupjames

I want to thank you for taking the time to post your comments and for your high praise of our shuttle service. It is always nice to hear these kind of comments and I will personally share this review with my shuttle drivers. As a "Top Contributor" we are really proud to hear that our service met your expectations and we look forward for your next visit to Calgary!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

i can't say enough good things about this hotel, the bed, bedding are so comfy, so clean. the staff's hospitality is great. i like cereal and tea and toast, sometimes my husband likes a hot breakfast, no worry it's all there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We appreciate when guests like you note how hard our staff are working to keep things clean and comfortable for you. Our housekeeping department always appreciates hearing what a good job they are doing keeping our rooms spotless. I'm also glad to hear that our complimentary Hot Breakfast buffet had everything you and your husband needed to start the day. Thank you very much for your high praise and we hope to see you again on your next stay in Calgary

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We were heading to Mexico for a week from BC and needed a hotel before we flew out and a place to keep our vehicle. Found a third party site that linked to this hotel and we were very happy we did. It was cheaper than getting a hotel and then paying to park. The other thing were very impressed was that the breakfast starts at 6am and is complimentary. I had an omelet there with coffee and hashbrowns. This saved us from having to buy breakfast which was a great bargain for us. Service was great and the hotel is so close to the airport after we missed our shuttle it was only a 15minute wait for the next one. The rooms were quiet too which I was surprised for being so close to the airport. We didn't hear any planes.

Would stay again.

Room Tip: book through third party site
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jcweber
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you for choosing our sleep and stay package for your recent trip to Mexico. I'm please to hear that you found great value and convenience from our Premier location. Our complimentary breakfast is extensive and the omelette station is a big hit with all our guests. We really appreciate you taking the time to post your comments about how quiet your room was too and for the top rating in all categories.