Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Karl”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Staff was very professional. the room was as advertised. We enjoyed the waterside and fitness room. the lounge menu was good and reasonably priced. We enjoyed the breakfast, especially the omelet bar.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Karl. Thank you for your nice comments about your visit to our hotel. I truly appreciate you taking the time to let everyone know about our product and services. I'm pleased to see that you had enough time to enjoy all of our amenities on your last visit! We hope to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sun City, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

We ventured into Calgary on our 17-day road trip from Phoenix to Banff and wondered, as we turned the corner to come to the Freeport Inn if we had made a mistake. A very strange location,
aesthetically. But, those fears were soon dispelled by a convenient access to the lobby and our
room, a beautifully appointed lobby and Liberty Lounge where breakfasts and dinners are served,
and plenty of good service. The room was spacious and comfortable. We discovered that this
wonderful place is reminiscent of the Omni Hotel we stayed at in Denver. Essentially, a business
persons hotel during the work week, but more tourist and family oriented on weekends. Near the
airport with their own shuttle is good to note if you ever fly into Calgary and stay here. No eating options if you just want to walk to a restaurant for dinner, so we ate at the Liberty Lounge each
night and we are glad we did. The last night I had a pasta dish with scallops, shrimp and mussles that was over-the-top! Try it, if you can eat shell fish. We had a full day touring Calgary
and took a day to do Banff N.P. But, the Freeport was always something we looked forward to at the end of the day. This is a must-do.

Room Tip: Don't forget, this place is an even greater value on weekends. Just remember it is primarily a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Ron. Thank you for choosing us as your place to stay during your 17 day road trip from Phoenix to Banff! I'm so glad we were able to meet all your expectations and dispell your fears during your stay. I will personally pass on your comments about the pasta to my kitchen staff and notify them of the great work they are doing. Thank you once again for choosing the Best Western Premier and we hope to see you again if you decide venture on another trip to Calgary!
Lethbridge
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I only stayed here one night, but really enjoyed my stay. The king bed room I had was spacious, well appointed and clean and the bed itself was very comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was better than I expected as well. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Kim R, General Manager at Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Bonasa, As a "Top Contributor" I am very pleased that we were able to meet your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay for your one night. You should defenetly try out our Liberty Lounge on your next stay and I hope this stay will be the first of many more to come. You will always have a second home here at the Best Western Premier Calgary.
Havre, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

This hotel is out by the airport but isn't really near the other airport hotels, which makes the location odd. Neither room my group had gave spectacular views. One room looked into a car sales lot and the other into the water slide. There are virtually no restaurants near this hotel, except for the hotel restaurant.

Despite the location, this is a very nice hotel. The beds were quite comfortable and the rooms clean. Each morning, there was complimentary hot breakfast which was appreciated. The exercise room had a couple of treadmills, a bike, and an elliptical. All the workout machines were oddly angled for watching any tv while working out.

Overall, this would be a fine hotel for someone just staying overnight to fly in or out of Calgray. Otherwise, it's a 20-30 minute drive to anything else in Calgary.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank kalley642
We are glad to hear you were able to enjoy some of our numerous amenities, including our Hot Buffet Breakfast and our Exercise room. I realize that our location may seem a bit odd but I can assure you our short distance to the airport is one of the best attractions of our location. Additionally, we are located 5 minutes away from Coventry Hills which has a wide selection of restaurants and other dinning venues and the biggest Shopping Mall in Calgary area, Cross Iron Mills, is located just 8 minutes north and has over 200 stores. Thank you for sharing your comments and I am sorry to hear that the location of our hotel didn't quite met your expectations.
Shawville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

One of the best wheelchair accessible hotel rooms I've ever rented.. room had double beds.. a roll in shower, large bath room.. hotel is out of the busy down town area but a little 5-10 min drive to a more busy area of the NE side. Will Def book here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bdelightful
Thank you for posting such a wonderful review about your visit to our hotel. I truly appreciate you taking the time to let everyone know about the quality of our wheelchair accessible rooms and I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit. We are looking forward to see you again on your next trip to Calgary!
Edson, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

My husband and I booked this hotel because we were looking for a park and fly package and were pleasantly surprised when we arrived at the hotel. The staff were friendly, incredibly efficient in checking us in, and helpful. Our room was wonderfully comfortable and clean. We are both fussy, but would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
I am pleased to hear that your experience with our hotel started as soon as you arrived! I'm glad to hear that you were happy with our sleep and fly package and that our staff was able to leave a lasting impression. Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments about our rooms! We look forward to your next visit and we really appreciate your recommendations.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

After a long flight, the last thing I want to do is to have to travel far from the airport to a so-called airport hotel. This hotel was close to the airport - five minutes or so by their shuttle, which turned up about ten minutes after I phoned for it. (Go to stand 10 outside the arrivals level and use the courtesy phone to request the shuttle.) The driver was helpful, which made life even better.

The hotel was friendly, very modern and very comfortable with the usual self-service breakfast. The single downside was that there was some aircraft noise from 4am, even with my windows closed. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere, so unless you have a car or need the airport it's not the place for you. Having said this, it is one the better airport hotels I have stayed at and I would certainly go there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank wakeupjames
I want to thank you for taking the time to post your comments and for your high praise of our shuttle service. It is always nice to hear these kind of comments and I will personally share this review with my shuttle drivers. As a "Top Contributor" we are really proud to hear that our service met your expectations and we look forward for your next visit to Calgary!