“Almond croissants”

Ranked #2 of 36 Bakeries in Calgary
calgary
“Almond croissants”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

just arrived in Paris a few hours ago ... just had an almond croissant from the locals ... the best is as good as Yann's ...

Visited June 2014
1 Thank seenndoneit

“Oh the tarts!!”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I loved the tarts. Imaginative and delicious!!! Macrons are ok. I am partial to the ones at Laudree (none have ever compared).

Visited May 2014
Calgary, Canada
“Macaron Heaven”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I love, love, love Yann Haute Patisserie, from the bread, to the pain au chocolat and last but not least the macarons!! I lived a year and Paris and can say that the macarons here are second only to Laduree. My favorite saveur is fruit de passion, they absolutely melt in your mouth. I buy them by the dozen! My only wish is that they would make caramel buerre sale macarons, perhaps they do, but I have yet to go when they have any.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank marthaeiffel
Alberta
“Oooh la la!”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Yes, you do want to visit the slightly hidden bright yellow house hiding around a corner from 4th Street at 23rd ave, next time you're in Mission. The gals behind the counter are happy to explain what is contained in each of the colorful concoctions that are in the glass cases. Service is also available en francais, s'il vous plait!

The macarons are delightful, but if you're with a friend, instead of splashing out on a few macarons, split one of the beautiful desserts that can be found between the macarons and the croissants and beigne. These beauties are made with fresh seasonal ingredients and flavors range from fruity to nutty to creamy, and they like to play with a variety of textures in one dessert. They are a bit pricey, but considering the artistry and work needed to make one, it's entirely worth it.

The croissants here are also some of the best in Calgary.

Note- they're closed on Mondays. Also, if you follow them on Facebook they occasionally have contests where you can win a free macaron if you guess what their latest new flavor is.

• Visited August 2013
Calgary
“Absolutely excellent”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This is, without a doubt, the best pastry shop in Calgary. Today I was with my sister and her family so we got 6 macarons, a pistachio cake, a pistachio/raspberry tartlet and a chocolate coconut croissant. It was all to die for. My little niece rarely likes new things but she got hold of the macarons and ate almost all of them. :) I'm lucky I got the tartlet for myself or I would have been out of luck! I would highly recommend Yann's.

• Visited August 2013