“Great atmosphere, good food, ok service”

WURST Uberkitchen. Wunderbar
Ranked #212 of 3,760 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$12 - US$29
Cuisines: German, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Combine great food, 20 hand-selected beers and the old world camaraderie of Munich's famous beer halls and you get WURST Überkitchen. WunderbarWhether it's a casual drink and a meal in the lounge or a few beers and shared apps at our always-boisterous communal benches. WURST is always best
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Cool vibe, nice space and great selection of beer on tap. The food was enjoyed by all in our party. Would return on next trip back to Calgary.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

Our first time at Wurst was in October, we didn't really know what to expect. We were in the restaurant area, it was alot more quiet than the beer hall. It was really nicely decorated, and the music wasn't overbearing.

Our server was friendly, and offered my boyfriend some great beer suggestions. We ordered the schnitzel tacos and east and west coast oysters. I can't speak for the oysters (I'm allergic) but the tacos were great!

For our main meal we ordered the cheese fondue, and Thuringer Bratwurst to share. It was definitely more than enough. Their portions are pretty big, and if you have appetizers to start, you'll be more than satisfied. Our dessert was white chocolate, and rhubarb, I don't remember exactly what it was called, but it was really good, we shared that too.

1  Thank Nikita_Grai86
Reviewed 17 February 2013

We enjoyed the ambiance, food and service was great. It is a refreshing experience of German delight. The scnitchel tjop was huge. If anything serve less food and charge less. We will definately go back.

1  Thank 1234AGS
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Went here in November for my birthday. Had a reservation (it was a Saturday night) and we were seated right away. Dining room is a bit cramped, but we were seated right by one of the trees, so the ambience was nice. I ordered the schnitzel with spaetzel and I asked the server to recommend a beer to go with it. He recommended a traditional wheat beer, which was nice and cold and had a very light taste. Definitely not too filling, though I like a darker beer. The schnitzel wa not bad. I forgot that I don't like veal, so that was my fault. The greens it was served with were great- arugula with oil and salt. Yummy. And the spaetzel! Oh the spaetzel! I loved it. Wonderful!

My fiance had the WURST burger with fries and a dark beer (can't recall which one, sorry). The burger was good, but the fries were FANTASTIC! Fried in duck oil. Yum.

We also had the chocolate fondue for dessert. You get a ton of fruit, banana bread chunks, and a few shortbread cookies. The cookies were awesome! Melt right in your mouth. We had tons left over to take home.

Reviewed 6 February 2013

I've been to both the dining room and the beer hall, and enjoyed both. Classy upstairs in the dining room with room to accomodate larger groups. Always fresh oysters and great sauces for them. Awesome chicken wings stuffed with sausage, this dish is in the appetizers, but its a whole meal, and so good! Downstairs in the beer hall the meat platter is great, at $40 per person it offers so much food, i could barely eat a quarter of the portion, and took home 3 take-out boxes full of meats, potatoes, cabbage, egg noodle, etc. overall a great place for a party, but also a great choice for a business lunch or a dinner for two in a warm atmosphere and a choice to join the party in the beer hall on the weekends!