Living in Calgary, we have decided this year to try out some new experiences - this was first up. At $12/adult this is cheaper than a movie and way more entertainment, while learning, and interacting with our proud sports heritage.
We spent 90 minutes, and only did half of it thoroughly - will be going back.
Two main areas - summer sports and winter sports.
- highlights all sports, not just hockey
- interactive exhibits where adults and kids can try things out (rowing, wheelchair racing, soccer, sports commentary, boxing)
- video screens at every location with a variety of videos about the sport (about 4 mins each)
- each display area also has an interactive video display where you can try out the sport (kind of 'wii'-like)
- breadth of display materials was quite vast and neat to see olympic torches, original swimsuits, bobsled, etc.)
- up to date until Socchi olympics
- great interaction particularly for families
- it's only $12!!!!!!
- great facility
- parking is free
- it's at Canada Olympic Park- so make a day of it :)
- a wonderful volunteer was there to give us extra information, and for us to ask questions
- need more time
- short 11 minute video could be longer and more in depth
- displays could perhaps be slightly more interactive and tell you about the displays, not just look at them (Government Frank Slide centre is an ideal example)
- everything is on second floor , so kind of no 'wow' factor when you enter facility
Thoroughly enjoyed this place, seeing Canada's rich sports heritage, and will go back to finish it off. We need more of this in Calgary and Canada.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.