“LOVE this place!”

Calgary Farmers' Market
Ranked #27 of 315 things to do in Calgary
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Calgary Farmers' Market is the largest market of its kind in Calgary and one of the city's favourite year-round gathering places. The Market was built on a foundation which supports local farmers and enables them to sell their product at the height of each natural harvest.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Baby buggy parking, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I go there every single weekend and still seem to find new things to buy! The fruits and veggies at Cherry Pit are beautiful -- and don't forget to use their free Vegetable Butcher service! The food at Two Greek Gals is divine. I droll over their souvlaki. Choklat as mouth-watering truffles. I could go on and on. . .

3  Thank girlfoodie
in 7 reviews
"weekly stop"
"dessert pies"
in 2 reviews
"play area for the children"
"handmade goods"
"year round"
"few hours"
"rainy day"

Reviewed 12 April 2013

Lots of vendors, lots of nick nack type of things to buy as well as lots of fantastic food items as well as things to eat and drink. I never get tired of going there, since every time I go there is something new to see.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I love the Calgary Farmers' Market and I could definitely spend a good half day just browsing around the place. There's something for everyone there. My 7 year old son enjoys the toy hobby kiosks and I'm a big fan of all the fresh produce. The last time I was there I got a steel on a fresh bouquet of exotic flowers which made my day! If you are into antiques, you are definitely going to want to hit this place up. Or, if you just need a quick lunch and happen to be in the area, you will find some good eats in the cafeteria. :)

Reviewed 3 April 2013

I love the farmers market, the fresh food and all the great little shops are a fun way to spend some time on a Sunday morning. The food court has some great options. Only thing I can complain about is that sometimes the crowds can be a bit much.

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 March 2013

I always wanted to check out the Calgary Farmers' Market and I went there last August. My first impression was that this is not a Farmers' Market, I was like walking into a suburban mall that sell "farmers' produce and product." Everything and setup were so neat and tidy with a very commercial feeling, I did not feel at home because it did not have a homey, cozy, market atmosphere. The Calgary Farmers' Market does sell very good stuff, I particularly like the place that sell homemade tarts and pastry. It is not a place I want to go back to visit again unless I have a yearning for the tart dessert again.