“Best breakfast in Calgary.”
Review of OEB Breakfast Co.

OEB Breakfast Co.
Ranked #4 of 3,604 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Oliver, Canada
“Best breakfast in Calgary.”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My husband and I both had the dungeness crab Bennie with fried potatoes and fruit for $15 - loaded with crab, perfectly poached eggs and well priced. Prompt service. Food delicious and hot. My fave in calgary

• Visited August 2014

• Korean first
Brooklin
“Great Breakfast for a Family on VayKay!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We went on a Wednesday - 2 adults and 3 boys - 6, 8 and 11.
It was the first day after their summer closing period so a bit of a line - but we waited only 15 minutes before getting seats at the high table.
Boys had blackberry colas and parents had cups of good coffee.
My wife had Bennies Upstream - eggs benedict with salmon - and I had the 3some - eggs over easy, sausage and French Toast.
Boys had pancakes with chocolate chips and waffles.
6-year old's review of waffles - great flavour, light and easy to eat, yummy syrup - 9/10
11-year old on pancakes - great flavour, light and fluffy and chocolate chips were a nice touch!
For the adults, the French Toast was the best I've ever had - hints of orange and cinnamon on a fluffy bread - amazing!
my wife's homefries were melt-in-your-mouth delicious - cooking in duck fat makes them amazing!
And her salmon eggs benny was flavourful and delicious!
Add superb service and this one's a winner!
You definitely should go!

• Visited August 2014
Calgary, Canada
“OE what?”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

When some friends asked to go their for lunch one day and mentioned OEB, I responded with OE what? OEB, as in Over Easy Breakfast.. (I think that's correct).
I vaguely remember someone mentioning this place before and how there would always be line ups out the door so we were lucky when we visited as we got in right away. I went with what friends and the waitress recommended, something off of their breakfast poutine menu. BTW- their menu is very decent, offering LOTS of choices. I went with the 'gold-digga' poutine, described as fries, double fried in duck fat, topped with pork belly, truffle, 2 eggs and hollandaise. As I write this, I realize how crazy that dish sounds... and how it could ever be described as a breakfast dish. In reality though, it's far less greasy than it is described. Oh, and I also ordered a healthy smoothie to wash it all down. My dish arrived in a 'chinese' style take-out box. As I stabbed my fork into a 1-inch square piece of golden brown goodness I put it into my mouth thinking it was their version of fries, it took my brain 1/2 a second to realize that it was not a potato and in fact a giant piece of meat! This was the pork belly. It wasn't actually fat like bacon, but a nicely browned piece of meat, and there was lots of it.. as I dug into my box of food, it took some good digging to find the actual fries. (you 'dig' past 2 eggs, sauce, truffle)... long story short... I went back the following week for the same item... yes.. it's addictive and I recommend trying it.

Calgary, Canada
“Best Part Was The Service”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My wife and I dropped in unplanned on Sunday morning.
We waited in line for 35 minutes; it is a very social environment, everyone talks to everyone else. There isn't much else to do. It's fun.
For breakfast my wife had a crepe that was huge. She enjoyed it, said it was very good. We took 1/2 of it home with us.
I had the bratwurst blue plate special and because it was a blue plate special, I received a place mat. My meal was very good and the grape mustard was delicious.
The most outstanding part of the meal was the staff,from the hostess taking names and calling people when their turn came up to our server (Carly I think her name was) they were all super friendly, cooperative helpful and hits was while they were extremely busy. They all had time for the patrons. Someone trained them well.

Breakfast for 2 was $40 which is on the high end of the laces for a breakfast in my opinion.

Would I go back? Probably not. There are breakfast places I like batter
Would I recommend it? Yes I would tell my friends to try it once

Canada
“WARNING-addiction notice”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Yes one has to wait in line, yet it is always worth the wait.
I live two hours away from this restaurant and I always look
forward for my next journey to Calgary as I am always craving the food
here. Everything that I have tried on the menu is mouth watering delicious.
When I crave breakfast food, the first thing that comes to mind is OEB!
Addicts be aware..