“We loved it!”

Ranked #39 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Andover, United Kingdom
“We loved it!”
Reviewed 7 July 2012

We stayed for four nights at Days Inn Airport, Calgary and we were very impressed, Days Inn is a chain of low priced hotels but this one is far better than average and I strongly recommend it.
When we first arrived the reception, the services were very good, I am disabled and one of the receptionists came out from behind the counter to assist my wife (a couple of the other guests also helped) as I could not.
The room was large, with good quality furnishings and was bright and clean. The bathroom was adapted and very suitable for my needs. There was a “free” breakfast which was unusually good.
We highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank josiow
Helena13404, Manager at Days Inn - Calgary Airport, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at the Days Inn Calgary Airport. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always our goal to make every guest experience an enjoyable one. I would also like to thank you for the comments regarding our helpful staff. We look forward to you staying with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
England
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I chose this hotel to be close to the airport. It was easy to find as you can se it from the highway. Staff are very friendly and willing to chat. They felt sorry for me as I was hassled after all the Calgary traffic and upgraded me to a suite - at no extra charge. Wow! What a room. Just immaculate - clean, comfortable, well decorated, well equipped with coffee maker, microwave, fridge and large TVs in both lounge and bedroom. Therre is also a glow fireplace (though I didn't need it). The room was very quiet and I had a good night's sleep. I also relaxed in the whirlpool beside the swimming pool. Continental breakfast, with hard boiled eggs and waffles, is included in a bright breakfast room. A good place to stay for a stopover near the airport.

Room Tip: try for a room at the end of the building furthest from the highway. should be quieter
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank female-tourist
, Manager at Days Inn - Calgary Airport, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at the Days Inn Calgary Airport. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always our goal to make every guest experience an enjoyable one. I would also like to thank you for the comments regarding our friendly staff and for you overall feedback. We look forward to welcome you back to our property in the future.
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Over the past several years I have stayed at quite a few Days Inns and have always been extremely pleased both rooms and service. My one complaint is that out of all the Days Inns I have stayed at the Calgary airport location is the only one, that has on two seperate occasions, there has not been a play pen available. Pretty hard to be a loyal customer when the service is not available. I have even had other Days Inns get a crib from a sister hotel but not this location. Get more cribs and I will come back!

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank ajbclarke
Helena13404, Manager at Days Inn - Calgary Airport, responded to this review, 20 June 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay with us. I do apologize for the playpen issue that you experienced and have addressed the issue to our team. We have playpens available for our youngest guests on request. They are complimentary. We do recommend guests reserve it in advance as we could make necessary arrangements if we run out of them on site. Our playpens do sometimes run out fairly fast especially in weekend and over Holidays. I do understand how frustrating it can become when expectations are not met and again I want to apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for staying with us at the Day Inn Calgary Airport. Have a wonderful summer and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I come to Calgary for business, and this is definitely my #1 choice when I come. Its easy to get to, it's quiet, the hotel is really upscale and nice, the staff is friendly, there's adequate parking and the wifi works great. I save this hotel in my iPhone contacts. It's rare that I "love" a hotel, but as much as I travel, this is definitely a 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: If you're traveling for business, take the 4th floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank brycek17
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for staying with us at the Days Inn Calgary Airport. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we are your #1 choice hotel when you come to Calgary. It is always our goal to make every guest experience an enjoyable one. I would also like to thank you for the comments regarding our friendly staff and for you overall feedback. We look forward to accomodate you on your next visit to Calgary.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Went down to Calgary for another business trip and booked this hotel again for a 5 night stay because of good past experiences. Booked 4th floor King size bed room. Been here a few times already and everything is routine for me. I will highlight the pros and cons:

Pros: Free parking, complimentary continental breakfast served between 6 to 10am, convenience corner at the front desk for buying snacks and items you may have forgotten, all day coffee/tea in the lobby, in room coffee/tea, microwave, fridge, one complimentary bottle watter and granola snack, travel sized mouthwash given as part of toiletries, swimming pool with water slide, extra security to enter 4th floor, location is close to Tim Hortons and McDonald's behind hotel, location to other amenities, apples offered at the front desk in the morning and cookies in the evening, good quality bedding with 5 pillows, queen sized sofa bed, large desk, great individually controlled air conditioner in every room (heat, fan and cool), good lighting style, full cable TV offering on 40" flat panel SHARP AQUOS TV, large drawers to store your clothes, chair and ottoman also in room, curved shower curtain rod so you get more elbow room, complimentary high speed wired internet and wireless internet.
During my visit, they were giving away free frost shields for your windshield and mini-flashlight keychains which was really nice!

Cons:There are parking at the front and back of the hotel, however its limited and gets filled up fast since this is a popular hotel (obviously because the service, location and value keeps people coming back) and everyone loves to drives so good spots are always gone if you come back to the hotel later in the evening. Its the big trucks and their drivers who are challenged to fit into the available spaces. My lock in the room could use a little WD40 since it was really hard to lock. Use of the PC and internet at the lobby is very expensive.
This is not a big deal to me but some travellers who may want room service, restaurant, and meeting room/banquet rentals in their hotel which this particular one does not offer it. There are other places to eat if you really need one nearby so not to worry.

Service is again always great for me so will keep coming back to stay here.

Room Tip: Book earlier so you can get a room in this popular hotel.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
7 Thank welldunn662016
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you again for taking the time to complete another great review for the Days Inn Calgary Airport. It is wonderful to see our loyal guests continue to return to our hotel. You touched on many areas of the Hotel is very much appreciated. Thank you for making us your choice while in Calgary and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Saskatoon,SK Canada
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,123 helpful votes
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We spent one night here while catching a flight out of Calgary. They charged us an extra $35 to leave our car here while in Mexico but they had free transportation to and from the airport for us.

The hotel had a continental breakfast which they busted open for us early at 4 am before our flight. There is a good size pool with smokin fast water slide. It helped get you use to the cold water. Hot tub was good n hot.

Rooms were clean in good repair and had everything we needed. I would stay here again. Paid $135 for the room on the internet plus parking.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Saskheat
Helena13404, Manager at Days Inn - Calgary Airport, responded to this review, 31 March 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for staying with us at the Days Inn Calgary Airport. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our pool and waterslide. Our hotel Park and Fly Package includes one night accommodation, hotel parking, shuttle service to and from the airport, and continental breakfast in the morning. We appreciate you taking the time to let others know about your positive experience with us and will share your feedback with our team. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Rocky Mtn House
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We used their stay and fly package, and found their use of cab companies to transport to and from the airport worked great.The staff at the front desk were all helpful and friendly. The hotel is easy to acess off deerfoot trail and is very close to shopping and restraunts.We liked the" make your own waffles" at the continental breakfast. The hottub was great and we enjoyed are stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank vickishane
Dear Our Valued Guest,

Thanks for staying with us at the Days Inn Calgary Airport while in Calgary. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the park & fly package worked great for you. We appreciate you comment on different areas of the Hotel and will certainly share your review with our team. I would also like to thank you for the comments regarding our helpful and friendly staff. We look forward to you staying with us again.