“medical appt at PLH” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn - Calgary Airport

Days Inn - Calgary Airport
Ranked #35 of 109 Hotels in Calgary

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

I have stayed here a few times mostly because of location, but I have grown to appreciate this spot. The staff are always above average friendly and most rooms are updated and always clean.
Breakfast buffet is included which I always find convenient. Last stay my room was upgraded for no reason ...which was nice.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MADMAC3
Helena13404, Manager at Days Inn - Calgary Airport, responded to this review, 13 April 2013
Dear Our Valued Guest,
Thank you for your positive comments and also for choosing the Days Inn Calgary Airport. Your feedback will be shared with our team and will certainly motivate them to continue providing great service. I would also like to thank you for the comments regarding our friendly staff. Thanks for allowing us to serve you and we trust that we will be the hotel of choice on your next trip to Calgary.
Manitoba
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

we stayed as a family, and the staff were very unapproachable. The pool ws shut down as there had been a pool party and there was glass everywhere, so we had to pack up on Easter Sunday and change hotels so that our Children could swim. The breakfast was the only decent part of our stay. I have continually had issues here, but after this last stay, I will never stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family

2 Thank Tracey M
Helena13404, Manager at Days Inn - Calgary Airport, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Dear Our Valued Guest,
Thank you for providing feedback about your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your experience with us was not positive and I do apologize for the inconvenience. I am sorry to hear that you didn’t have a chance to enjoy the pool due to glass issue. We want each guest to have an opportunity to enjoy the pool and waterslide in a safe and friendly environment. It is necessary to have the pool checked for any broken pieces to ensure no other guests get injured. Please feel free to contact my office to discuss the matter further. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience you received. Thank you for choosing the Days Inn Calgary Airport.
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

Got another opportunity to enjoy my stay at this hotel booked by my company. As I stayed here many times, it continues to be consistent in the quality and friendly staff I encounter here. I stayed on the 4th floor in the corporate room which is what I prefer with its King sized bed, upgraded bedding and sofa pull out bed, complimentary hard wire internet access (bring your own network cable) as well as Wi-Fi. Good speed and reliable.
I will highlight some key points: In the lobby, there are either bananas or apples in the morning at the front desk, and cookies in the evening.
Continental breakfast is complimentary and there is coffee/tea available in the lobby too if you want.
The LCD TV in the room is now connected to Digital Cable which offers better programming and details to what I want to watch which is a plus.
Microwave, mini fridge, mugs and disposable cups, coffee/tea making, complimentary bottle water and snack restocked everyday.
The toiletries of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and mouthwash have improved greatly as the product looks great. Too bad no shower gel was offered for bathing as I prefer this. Only the two soaps.
I will be back to stay here again, and I wish other Days Inn locations were this good and consistent with their quality cause I know its either hit or miss.

Room Tip: Choose the corporate room for the premium bedding and upgraded granite counter tops.
Dear Our Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to complete another wonderful review for the Days Inn Calgary Airport. What a great review, you touched on many areas of the Hotel and it is very much appreciated. Your comments will be shared by all and will certainly motivate them to continue providing great service. Thanks for allowing us to serve you and we trust that we will be the hotel of choice on your next trip to Calgary.
Calgary
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2013

We recently stayed another week for business at the Days Inn Airport. We appreciated the lovely choices for the continental breakfast, ad found it was assembled promptly before 5:30 which was great. But this hotel is quite dirty. We went to see if we had dropped our keys beside the bed, half way through our stay and instead found an empty pack of gum, gum, used q-tips and cups. We just avoided everything in the room at this point, as it was obvious it had been a looong time since someone did more than a quick whip down and fold the toilet paper ends.

1 Thank Carinthia O
Dear Our Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay with us. I do apologize for the room cleaning issue that you experienced and have addressed the issue with our Housekeeping Team. We will certainly use your comments as an opportunity to improve our service delivery. I also would like to thank you for the comments regarding our breakfast. Thank you again for staying with us at the Days Inn Calgary Airport.
Weyburn
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

I have stayed at this hotel before and had no complaints. This time around, I was caught off guard when I went to take a shower in the morning and there was NO WATER for the shower. I had water for the sink and toilet. I ended up taking a sponge bath, since I had a flight to catch at 6:30am. Not a great start to the day. I recieved a 30.00 discount on the room, which I really didn't think covered the inconvience of not having a shower and knowing I had a 18 hour day ahead of me.

1 Thank Glen S
Helena13404, Manager at Days Inn - Calgary Airport, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Dear Our Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay with us. I do apologize for the hot water issue that you experienced and have addressed the issue to our team. I do understand how frustrating it can become when expectations are not met and again I want to apologize for the inconvenience. Please feel free to contact me with any additional comments. Again, your feedback is very important to us. Thank you again for choosing Days Inn Calgary Airport and we look forward to you staying with us again.