“Good location for one day transit”

Days Inn - Calgary Airport
Ranked #43 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We stayed here for a night on our way to Banff & Jasper. Our Flight landed in Calgary at midnight. Days Inn had a quick airport pick up and our check in was smooth. Room was clean and spacious. Breakfast is not fancy but adequate for us.

Walkable to Avis Car rental & to the food store nearby to pick up things for the long drive.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Crystal13404, Manager at Days Inn - Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear Our Valued Guest,
Thank you for the positive comments and for choosing the Days Inn Calgary Airport. I am happy that we were able to accommodate your requests while you were in Calgary. We will certainly pass on your comments to our team. It was our absolute pleasure to serve you and we hope to see you again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Days Inn - Calgary Airport

Reviewed 12 September 2013

The only criticism I have is that there was bi signage to the hotel, once on Sunridge Drive. We arrived late in the evening, it was after 11p.m., and even with our GPS, could not see it. Lighted signs should be placed on Sunridge pointing to the way to the hotel which was hidden behind the Sheraton!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ingrid P
Crystal13404, Manager at Days Inn - Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2013

Dear Our Valued Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments about your stay with us. I will certainly pass on your comments to our team. We appreciate your sharing your concerns of the lighted sign and I do apologize for the inconvenience. We will certainly follow up. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

This hotel is in a good location on Barlow trail, just off 16th avenue (highway #1). There is a Tim's and a McDonald's right next door. The bed was comfortable enough, and the hotel was fine. There were a few things though that I didn't like. First of all, when I checked in, I asked if there was a hot tub. The lady at the front desk cheerily answered 'There sure is'. What she neglected to tell me is that it was not working. She could have told me that at the beginning. Secondly, it was impossible to regulate the air conditioning in the room. It was hot and stuffy when we got there (4th floor), so I turned it on. As soon as it reached the temperature that I had set, it stopped and never came on again, even though the temperature in the room kept climbing. I had to keep resetting it. Obviously I couldn't do that while I was sleeping, so I woke up to a hot, stuffy room. When I checked out, I told her about it, and she did have the decency to give me $10 off on the room for that. Speaking of which, I found this to be quite high priced for a Days Inn. It was a little newer than some other Days Inns that I have stayed in, but it's still a Days Inn. I had asked for the AMA rate, and she said that she gave it to me, but after I got home and looked at the receipt, it says she charged me rack rate. Not cool.

I don't think that I would stay at this hotel again. For what I paid, I could have gone north on Barlow a few blocks and received better service for my money. There are many hotels on that strip that offer the same amenities, and perhaps they'd be working properly.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Princess_Lu
Crystal13404, Manager at Days Inn - Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Dear Our Valued Guest,
Thank you for providing us with feedback on your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your stay and I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. I have forwarded your feedback to the operations team and we will look into the matter in detail. Please feel free to contact my office to discuss the matter further. Again, your feedback is very important to us. Thank you again for sharing your experience and for choosing Days lnn Calgary Airport.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Crystal13404, Manager at Days Inn - Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Reviewed 6 September 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Crystal13404, Manager at Days Inn - Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

A Wyndham traveler
Reviewed 4 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Crystal13404, Manager at Days Inn - Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I had brought a client of my to stay in the hotel. The wheel chair room was not that wheel chair accessable. Wheel chairs do very poorly on carpet. There was no bars near the toilet for her to access it. We had to go down stair to the family washroom. A roll in shower would be better access for a person bound to a wheel chair.
The breakfast area need to be renovated to let the flow of traffic move along better.
Other then that it is a beautiful hotel

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Charleen B

Dear Our Valued Guest,
Thank you for choosing Days lnn Calgary Airport and for providing us with useful feedback on your recent stay with us. We are very sorry that your experience in our wheelchair accessible room did not meet your expectations and I apologize for the inconvenience. We are currently in the process of a renovation of our property including the breakfast area. We appreciate your constructive feedback and will use them as an opportunity to improve our service delivery. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future.