“we usually like the Days inn this one was very good too”

Days Inn - Calgary Airport
Ranked #44 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Overall an excellent property ..... we usually try to choose Days inn we actually booked at the wrong one by accident and ended up here instead we had two queens in a separate room with a pull out single sofa and fridge in the other area same problem as the last Days inn with that part of the room hot ....our bedroom was warm too and the cooling system only cut in once the room became stifling the beds are very firm aka not comfortable for me ...everything else was grand ....Thursday night from 6 - 8 is customer appreciation wine, beer with chicken and shrimp all free that was a nice touch and there was a draw and we won the prize ....the pool and hot tub were good and so was the water slide but if busy the pool is on the small side ....very friendly and helpful staff . right now there is road construction so you have to take the long way to get there but otherwise close to hotel ....I would stay here again and perhaps just having one room instead of it divided would be cooler

Room Tip: ask for one that is not divided
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Crystal13404, Manager at Days Inn - Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

Dear Our Valued Guest,
Thank you for the positive comments and for choosing the Days Inn Calgary Airport. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and our guest appreciation wine night. I will certainly share it with our team. I also would like to thank you for the comments regarding our friendly and helpful staff. It was our absolute pleasure to serve you and we look forward to seeing you again when you are back in Calgary.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I had the pleasure of coming back to this hotel for my business trip once again. My usual suite on the corporate floor remains consistent with what I had in the past. There are some staff changes I observed but they still try to give the good service I am accustomed to from here.
What I noticed is their "DAYBREAK CAFE" (breakfast room) has now added rotating hot items to their offering. It used to be only continental breakfast. Now I see that the waffle machine which guests used to make their own is gone. Instead, they make it for you and you simply toast your own quarters when you need it. Eggs range from scrambled, hard boiled, and egg discs depending on rotation. Sausages, or ham are offered on rotation as well. You have your rice krispies, rasion bran, and froot loops still offered along with other baked goods like toast, bagels, muffins, croissants. Cranberry juice, apple juice and orrange juice and milk also offered along with coffee and tea. Activia Yogurt is now offered which is a premium product. For convenience, your jam butter and peanut butter in on your table for your toast. This is certainly a pleasant surprise as I love my protein in the morning. All the more reason for me to continue coming back to this hotel, especially its location.

Room Tip: The corporate suite on the 4th floor is better if you are 3 people or less. If you have a family of...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Crystal13404, Manager at Days Inn - Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Dear Our Valued Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments about your stay with us. I am happy that we were able to accommodate your requests while you were in Calgary. We take great pride in providing our guests with outstanding service and make our guests feel like they are at home away from home. We are very happy that you enjoyed the accommodations and our breakfast. It was our absolute pleasure to serve you and we look forward to seeing you again when you are back in Calgary, whether it is for business or personal.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

The hotel and facilities were surprisingly good however my two night stay was marred by the lack of service from the front desk. I tend to have insomnia and work through evenings like this by watching television. Unfortunately, my television didn't work and the only person on staff seemed utterly disinterested in providing me with a replacement remote. A simple solution that was clearly beyond her level of interest.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank David R

Dear Our Valued Guest,
Thank you for providing us feedback regarding your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you experienced a number of issues during your stay and I apologize for the inconveniences that they caused. We appreciate your feedback and will certainly use them as an opportunity to improve our service delivery. I would also like to thank you for the comment regarding our hotel and facilities. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Crystal13404, Manager at Days Inn - Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Reviewed 26 September 2013

After a long day travelling we didn't find it very easy to locate the hotel. after having dumped our luggage first, then returned our hire car to the airport, which was a nightmare in rush-hour conditions, we were impressed that the hotel paid the 30$ taxi fare back for us. Our suite was a haven. The only problem was that no-one had told us the fridge needed to be turned on in order to work. However, we didn't have much need of it, and there was ice available. The king bed was very comfortable, and we had a separate lounge area. We chose to eat at the Sheraton that evening as there was no restaurant. Breakfast was generous and well presented in an attractive area, and the transfer coach got us back to the airport in good time. Calgary suffered badly in the summer floods, and with the ongoing airport works it is not easy to get around, especially for a first time visitor.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Our Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to accommodate your requests while you were in Calgary. We will certainly pass on your comments to our team. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We stayed here for a night on our way to Banff & Jasper. Our Flight landed in Calgary at midnight. Days Inn had a quick airport pick up and our check in was smooth. Room was clean and spacious. Breakfast is not fancy but adequate for us.

Walkable to Avis Car rental & to the food store nearby to pick up things for the long drive.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Crystal13404, Manager at Days Inn - Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear Our Valued Guest,
Thank you for the positive comments and for choosing the Days Inn Calgary Airport. I am happy that we were able to accommodate your requests while you were in Calgary. We will certainly pass on your comments to our team. It was our absolute pleasure to serve you and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

The only criticism I have is that there was bi signage to the hotel, once on Sunridge Drive. We arrived late in the evening, it was after 11p.m., and even with our GPS, could not see it. Lighted signs should be placed on Sunridge pointing to the way to the hotel which was hidden behind the Sheraton!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ingrid P
Crystal13404, Manager at Days Inn - Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2013

Dear Our Valued Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments about your stay with us. I will certainly pass on your comments to our team. We appreciate your sharing your concerns of the lighted sign and I do apologize for the inconvenience. We will certainly follow up. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future.