“Wingate a warm place to stay”

Wingate by Wyndham Calgary South
Ranked #33 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Quality of front desk people is very good and marks the diference in this hotel. Housekeeping can be improved.

1  Thank Eric C
Robin A, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Calgary South, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2012

Thank you Eric for reviewing your recent stay at the Wingate Calgary. I am very glad that the front desk team makes the difference for you each time you stay!

Your comment has been passed on to our executive housekeeper and she will ensure her team is aware as well. Please feel free to call me at 403-514-0099 to provide me with greater detail.

Thanks again, we will see you on your next trip to Calgary!

Reviewed 19 September 2012

Have stayed at this property many times. The staff is EXCELLENT! The rooms are nice, but need a good cleaning. Behind the bathroom door and the tub surround are quite disgusting. The breakfast is nice, a little crowded at times. Location is good and prices fair.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Wendy D

Thank you Wendy for taking time to review your recent stay at the Wingate by Wyndham Calgary. I am very happy to hear you find our staff excellent. I have to agree that we have a great team here!

I have passed on your comments about the bathroom cleanliness to our executive housekeeper and she will address your concerns with her group.

I agree with you that our breakfast room is not always large enough to accommodate all the guests that arrive for breakfast at once. During our busy weekends we have one of our meeting rooms available for overflow when it is available. We have found this helps out when all want to eat at the same time!

Thanks again Wendy, we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

The front desk staff are great especially Renaldo. He is very friendly & professional & always remembers who I am when I stay there. He always makes everyone feel special including my nephews when they come to see me at the hotel. A great hotel!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Gina D

Thanks so much Gina for taking time to rate your recent stay with us. We are lucky to have such great staff and I am pleased Ronaldo makes your stay so great. Keep us in mind for your next trip to Calgary!

Reviewed 17 September 2012

I stay here from time to time for both business and pleasure. Cleanest and competetively priced for the area. work out room was up to date and the pool area was clean. The continental breakfast was good 1 day and bad teh next day.

2  Thank Shawn T

Thanks for taking the time to review your past stays with us. I am glad you enjoy our facilities and have been here for both business and leisure!

I would be interested in hearing from you to discuss your breakfast issue on the second day of your stay. We are always looking for ways to improve our offerings and welcome any guest feedback, good or bad.

Please call me at 403-514-0099 if you wish to discuss this further.

Reviewed 8 September 2012

Bad pillows, the sound of the fridge do not let me sleep, my room was not made daily.
There is an Avis location on site, I reserved a car to be picked up at eleven, no one was there. 45 minutes later I call a taxi. Too far from downtown Calgary, close to Spruce Meadows but not worth it.

2  Thank ETame
Robin A, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Calgary South, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Thank you for taking time from your day to write a review of your stay. I am sorry your experience was not up to our standards. Our maintenance team will be inspecting the fridge that was in your room to ensure it is in working order and housekeeping will be investigating as to why your room was not made up each day.

We were not made aware of the inconveniences you faced during your stay until you departed. We would have been more than happy to make sure the rest of your stay was satisfactory if given the opportunity to do so.

I encourage you to contact me if you wish to discuss this further and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

Pros: Great Staff, clean, walking distance to C train, walking distance to good eating places, confortable beds and a good breakfast.

Cons: Poor hot tub, jets do not work, pool water temperature is very cold, a number of people complained about this. Poor wi fi if you have a I pad some quirk in the system

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank birtleman
Robin A, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Calgary South, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2012

Thank you birtleman for taking time out of your day to review your recent stay at the Wingate by Wyndham Calgary. We are pleased you enjoyed our facilities and took advantage of our close proximity to the CTrain!

I have spoken with our maintenance manager about your hot tub comments. Just days ago we had a technician in to take a look at the jets and he repaired them so they are good to go for your next stay! Our pool temperature is based on the standards put forth by Alberta Health Services. Unfortunately if the temperature of the pool is too high, it leaves our pool susceptible to bacterial growth.

We are currently working on updating our internet services and should have the process done by the end of September.

We look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Calgary!

Reviewed 13 August 2012

This was the nicest hotel was stayed in on our 10 day trip. The rooms were huge and very clean. The pool was great for the kids. I got a workout in and could watch my kids swim. The front desk help was very friendly and helpful. It was a little expensive for my tastes but well worth it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Mizb29

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey of your recent stay with us Mizb29. I am happy to hear that we were the nicest hotel during your 10 day trip! I have shared your review with our team and they are all pleased you enjoyed your time with us. Our rates fluctuate during certain times of the year depending on the events that are happening in and around the city.

Hopefully we see you again during your next trip to Calgary!