“preview for furhter stays. . . .”

Wingate by Wyndham Calgary South
Ranked #38 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
GreenLeadersBronze level
EDMONTON
“preview for furhter stays. . . .”
Reviewed 4 February 2013

The hotel was clean, and quiet. I didn;t need to large beds . . . so it's too bad you don;t have smaller rooms for a single person.

I will need 10 rooms for an upcoming event - so this was a test. The food was better than most "express" hotels.
Good job.

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

1 Thank Doug B
Robin A, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Calgary South, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
Thanks Doug for the review of your recent stay. It was great to hear that you enjoyed your room, even if you didn't need both beds!

Feel free to contact our Groups and Meeting Coordinator Pam at 403-514-0099 to arrange your group block.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 3 February 2013

The first disappointment was that the pool was closed. The manager asked "Didn't they tell you when you booked?" I said I booked on-line. He said "Didn't you see (swept his hand through the air, as if it was a big banner) it says on-line that the pool is closed." Well, no. I didn't see it. I went back to look and went through the reservation process (up to the point where you have to pay) to see if I missed something. There is nothing there. I assume they know that many people would not stay there if the pool is closed. I would not have. The teen girls traveling with me were looking forward to a swim and soak in the hot tub before an important dance audition the next morning. We were not able to arrive until 9 pm and riding to another hotel was not an acceptable option (that was the alternative offered), especially at that hour of night.

All night long I was awakened by doors slamming up and down the hall. There were people yelling in the hallway in the early hours.

The breakfast was okay, but I was surprised when I asked for an ingredient list for the eggs and the sausage and was told she did not have a list of ingredients. In this day of allergies and food intolerances, the ingredient list for any food being served is essential. (The problem being that sometimes sausage has wheat added and sometimes eggs have milk or butter added.)

Other than these things, the parking was close and well lit. The room was very clean and the bed comfortable.

1 Thank yourhonour
Robin A, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Calgary South, responded to this review, 5 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am sorry your stay was not up to our usual standards.

Our pool is currently undergoing renovations and will be back in service by the middle of February. We have indicated the pool closure on our website. I encourage you to contact me at 403-514-0099 to provide me with the website details you booked through so we can ensure the notification is added.

Thank you for the feedback on our breakfast. Feedback such as yours helps us to improve our service.

We hope you give us another opportunity to wow you the next time you are in Calgary.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 1 February 2013

Mairi and Reynaldo have gone above and beyond with all of my requests, as well as being very approachable, welcoming and warm.

Rooms are spacious and clean, most noise is hardly noticeable and beds are very comfortable.

Free breakfast is filling with some hot options available. A lovely change from the 'continental' breakfast offered at many other hotels.

Lovely atmosphere and very hospitable. Would recommend highly and am brining my family for a short visit to Calgary to stay. The Wyndham Rewards program is perfect to accommodate them.

1 Thank Michelle D
Thank you so much Michelle for your generous words, we are all pleased that you have enjoyed your time with us.

If there is anything we can do to assist you and your family the next time you are here, please do not hesitate to ask!
Calgary
Reviewed 31 January 2013

I travel for work and can't say enough good things about the Wingate. Every time I return I am greeted by people like Mairi, who not only knows my name but who actually worries that I got home alright from the last trip out. It is very comforting to know that such personable and engaged people are part of the Wingate experience. The rooms are comfortable, clean and the staff is always happy to help. I would strongly recommend the Wingate to anyone travelling through Calgary.

1 Thank E P
Robin A, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Calgary South, responded to this review, 1 February 2013
I am so glad that we are able to make your work travel such a great experience! Your kind words have been shared with not only Mairi but the rest of the Wingate team.

Thank you for taking the time to review your previous stays with us!
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 26 January 2013

I recently stayed here and the staff went above & beyond my expectations. I have never stayed at a property where so many of the staff were so helpful. The bar staff helped me make a gift for a friend. The rooms were clean & decent with comfortable bedding. I would recommend this property to everyone!

Room Tip: Higher floor
1 Thank Bill S
Robin A, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Calgary South, responded to this review, 28 January 2013
Thanks Bill for your amazingly kind words. I am very happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations during your recent stay with us. We hope to see you again your next time in Calgary!
Redcliff, Canada
Reviewed 12 January 2013

My first stay at the Wingate and will not be my last I will keep coming back because of the people and the location. I was welcomed and treated very well by everyone I came in contact with and appreciate that they take such care to make my stay as comfortable as possible. I like the extra touch of the gift bag, upon entering, containing bottled water, M&M, chips and a welcome note. The continental breakfast was excellent. The person who was in charge of keeping everything hot, fresh and tidy was outstanding. Staying at this location enables me to find good restaurants easily - even on snowy winter evenings - and its location makes it easy to access other parts of Calgary easily. The bed was so comfortable I didn’t want to go back to your own bed. I will continue to stay here for all my trips in 2013 PS LRT right across the street which is great for getting to were I want to go and not have to drive.

Room Tip: we had 2 rooms and they were both GREAT so I guess all the rooms are great
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ken H
Robin A, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Calgary South, responded to this review, 14 January 2013
Thank you Ken for such a generous review. I am very pleased we were able to create such a great experience for your and your guests!

Thank you for being a member of the Wyndham Rewards program, I hope you keep up in mind on your next trip to Calgary.
Swift Current
Reviewed 9 January 2013

this place was in excellent shape and cleanliness, people were accommodating and breakfast was just right, easy to get to any where in Calgary...pool and slide area were very clean..we are Wyndham owners and are continually impressed with their properties, we will be back.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank brdunbar
Thanks so much brdunbar for your friendly words. It is always a pleasure to have guests who are part of the Wyndham Vacation Club stay with us and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Calgary!