Wingate by Wyndham Calgary South
US$156
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Suites Downtown(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$113
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
US$97
US$80
Carriage House Inn(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$120
The Fairmont Palliser(Calgary)
US$159
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsspruce meadowsfront deskmacleod trailpool areafamily weddingjacuzzi suiteyogurtdecent breakfastcomplimentary breakfastexcellent staycomfortable bedsi highly recommend this hotelgreat place to staygreat roomhome away from homebreakfast roompool and hot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Our family stayed here at the end of July on our return from a BC vacation. Upon entering the lobby, we just knew everything was going to be great. The lobby was like a living room, well appointed and clean clean clean. Very welcoming. The service at the front desk was great. The gentleman was very efficient, but also very friendly and informative. He really seemed to care. The room was spacious and pristine clean. The beds were like sleeping on clouds and the air conditioner worked wonderfully and was fairly quiet. We all slept like babies. Breakfast the following morning offered a great selection and my kids really loved the waffles!! AND it was included in the rate, so that was a nice bonus. I will stay here any and every time I am in Calgary.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 2nd floor and it was great. I can only imagine that all the rooms are equally quiet and have incredible beds!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Laura A
Robin A, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Calgary South, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Thank you Laura A for your comments on our hotel. I am glad that we were able to meet and exceed all of your expectations. I look forward to having you back for you next vacation through Calgary.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

On June 20/2013 we were evacuated from High River, went to south Calgary and saw the Wingate, went in to see if there was any rooms left, as most that night in the area were full. We were lucky and got a room, right from the time we went in from the General Manager down to all the staff we were treated with the biggest TLC that I have ever seen. The place is spotless where ever you go in the hotel. The rooms are excellent and there breakfasts are very good which are included. They have a great pool with a slide for all ages. Right on the property they have a grill and pub you can go to, which there food is great. The property is just across the street from a huge shopping area which you can buy anything which is nice.Once we were checked in we ran into a lot of people from High River, I'm sure most of the hotel was from there, which we found out because we were there for 4 days.All I can tell everyone is what a location, people,price,and everything else they offer which is top notch service, they know how to look after people. I will be back many times over. Thank You Wingate for everything.

Room Tip: If you have a big family, they have great suites there, they are bigger than the one's I have seen in Mexico.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lfrank57
Robin A, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Calgary South, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Thank you Lfrank57 for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. The recent flooding and subsequent evacuation iny our area was a very stressful time for a lot of folks and I am glad to see that we were able to relieve some of the tension by offering service, cleanliness and some needed "TLC". I hope that you have been able to return home. Please let us know if we can be of service to you and your family for any future travel to our city.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Reviewed 30 July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Reviewed 22 July 2013

Well I stay at this establishment last night because i attened a wedding in nearby spruce meadows. It should be noted that this hotel is located rite beside a large police,ems, and fire department. Meaning through the night you may be woken up. Another thing you should know is that many people attending weddings in the area tend to stay at this establishment. So if you are looking for a hotel to be able to sleep in without have ignorant drunk people standing outside you window smoking at 1:30am, 3am, and 4am this is not the place for you. I made a call to the front desk about this issue at 1:30 and the noise continued until shortly after to and again continued late that night. It got to the point where i personally had to get dressed and go outside to deal with it myself. Another note I confronted the front desk about it in the morning and nothing was done to rectify the situation. I work had for my money. I payed for suite 102 for a place to sleep for that night. It would have been great to have gotten more then 2 hrs sleep before a 4 hour drive this morning. Another note there are we're ants in suite 102 I have pictures If anyone is interested.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Skinnycbr
Robin A, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Calgary South, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Thank you skinnycbr for your review of your recent stay at the Wingate by Wyndham Calgary during your stay for a wedding while in Calgary. I am pleased to see that we extended the group rate to you at the time of your booking and that the front desk staff was able to immediately address your concerns. Should you wish to discuss the details of your stay further I would welcome the opportunity.