“Xmas Trip” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Calgary South

Wingate by Wyndham Calgary South
Ranked #38 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
edmonton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

The Mrs and I spent 1 night here ,and really enjoyed this hotel.the room was quite large ,spotless,with a small fridge and a microwave.The king sized bed had 6 pillows and was very comfy.The hotel offers breakfast, though we didn't partake(dim sum beckoned ).The hotel is modern and the room was very quiet.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aswimmerEdmonton
Robin A, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Calgary South, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Thank you aswimmerEdmonton for your review. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed the beds. We have just recently replaced all of the beds in the property and it is great to get such candid feedback on their comfort. I hope to have you back again to experience our breakfast just to put the finishing touches on your next stay. (Although I know that dim sum is hard to pass up.)
Lethbridge, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

This is our favorite hotel in Calgary by far. Brad stays all the time for work and it's also excellent when we come for family trips. It is the quietest hotel. You can't hear your neighbor flushing their toilet or taking a shower. You can't hear the kids in the next room. They have these suite rooms which are excellent when we take the kids, we can put them to bed earlier, and still stay up and watch tv. The water slide is always fun for the kids, the hot tub is always nice for us. The breakfast in the morning is great, lots to choose from.
The parking is great too, you don't have to walk a mile to get to the hotel.

Because my hubby comes often to Calgary for work, they know him by name! The desk clerk named Reynoldo is always smiling, and is just great. Hubby forgot his boots on a recent trip, and we came back on the weekend with the kids, and they had his boots in the room for him! Just love this place. I have also left my charger there by accident, and they mailed it to me.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. All really quiet. Haven't had a bad one yet.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank couleee
Thank you couleee for your kind words. We are always glad to welcome our guests families and have them all enjoy a "home away from home" experience while visiting our hotel. We like to see all of our guests coming back to enjoy our hospitality and enjoy the time that they are here. I look forward to seeing you in the near future and hope to remain your hotel of choice.
Edmonton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

I have been a long, satisfied and loyal customer to the Wingate Calgary and long standing Wyndam Rewards Member. But I was extremely disappointed and frustrated with the service I received from Wingate Calgary when my team travelled to Calgary on 11/19/2013 for business. We booked six rooms weeks in advance and when we checked in after a long travel day at 8:00pm, we were told that there wer only have three rooms for us. No one called us to let’s know but instead the customer representative booked the three rooms in a sister hotel that is 20mins North of the Wingate. Our group had business meetings across from the Wingate the next morning, this made for major inconvenience especially when taxis availability was so poor. The team that stayed at the Travel Lodge ended up being over an hour late for their meetings the next morning. The worst part of this was the party that stayed at the Travel Lodge was charged the full price for all this inconvenience. After this less than satisfactory experience my team and I will no longer stay at the Wingate for business or personal trips in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

2 Thank Steven D
Robin A, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Calgary South, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Thank you Steven D for your feedback. I would like to apologize for your less than satisfactory experience with our hotel. It is never our intention to have our guests stay in alternate properties unless totally unavoidable. I would like the opportunity to host you and your team again for you to experience the same great service that you have in the past. Should you wish to visit our hotel again, please feel free to contact me directly.
Banff National Park, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

When we first walked into the hotel I was impressed on how it looked. I went to the front desk and asked how much was a room and she responded "the rate for you is $169.00. As it was getting around 9pm I decided to just get a room.
Our room was cold, the thermostat was turned to 16 and blowing cold air. As outside was -10C it was colder than I was expecting. I found the bed to be nice in certain areas but it was obvious where the majority of people sleep and thus I had a hard time sleeping. After getting to sleep we were woke up at 5am by people running water above or beside us. It was loud. Then we heard people walking around the room and making noise. I do not blame the people as they were just trying to get ready for the day and did not realize the walls are thin. After finally giving up on sleep I tried to take a shower and their is not much water pressure. The water did get hot but you had to move around to make sure all the soap was washed off. The other problem with the tub/shower was the bottom of the tub is not flat. While trying to shower your feet pointing to the front are on inclines. It felt like the tub sloped down to the middle. very hard to stand like this..My wife pointed out the water from the sink faucet when turned on would hit the counter at the back of the sink unless you turned the water on full. If you did this it would miss the counter by about a inch. I could go on about the room but I am sure you get the idea..When checking out I tried to talk to the lady downstairs and she just informed me the manager was not in but she said " I guess I could give you a small discount". I was not looking for a discount nor did I ask for one..I wanted someone to know and listen they have a problem..
When I pay $169.00 plus taxes I would like a room to meet those expectations. If not I would pay a cheaper amount and go to Super8 where I would not expect much..

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank nighthawk137
Thank you nighthawk137 for sharing your concerns about our property. I am sorry that you did not receive the value that you had expected. I have addressed your concerns with our team and we are proactively looking for solutions. I would welcome any further feedback that you wish to provide by contacting me directly as we strive to provide top notch service and a top notch product.