“Piles of toppings on delicious potatoes with gravy and cheese.”

The Big Cheese Poutinerie
Ranked #431 of 3,768 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Fast food
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Beltline
Reviewed 15 August 2013

When it comes to poutine, this place is the best. Many delicious options.
The buffalo chicken had a nice spicy flavour while the classic is as the name says, classic.
A must try for any poutine lover!

Reviewed 17 April 2013

This place is great. They have many options with different meat and sause Combos if you are just into the traditional poutine theres is outstanding. I had the traditional and my friends had the ones with sause and there was just way to much sause for all our likings. So if you are going to get one with sause ask then to do a little first. I had the largest one they had it was extremely tasty and I could barley finish it defiantly worth you're hard earned cash.

1  Thank CameronHudson
Reviewed 16 April 2013

My wife and I stopped by here on a recent visit to Uptown 17th. I had a meaty poutine, and my wife opted for traditional poutine. Both came out very hot - I mean really really hot. Like ordering a black coffee from Tim Horton's hot.

Portions are large, so there is value for money. Lots of cheese and toppings. The gravy was bland on the traditional, and my peppercorn gravy did not taste especially strong either. The cheese is good, but not great. It's so hot that it loses it's squeak. Fries are good, but very greasy.

The team is excellent and very polite.

Restaurants like this have their place in the world. We all crave them once in a while. One day, instead of grabbing a burger - go to Big Cheese to satisfy your greasy cheese and bacon craving.

2  Thank BizTrippingDad
Reviewed 8 April 2013

It's awesome. If you want a freakin' excellent poutine, this is the spot. So many different choices, that was the hard part for me. Deciding which one, so I kept it simple and stuck with an original! Awesome food, great service! The lady that manages/owns it is awesome too, she was very friendly!

1  Thank CalgaryCuisine
Reviewed 18 March 2013

The staff was really nice and seemed like a friendly place, being gluten intolerant, I noticed that they do serve gluten free poutine. I asked what the gravy was made from and the casheir had a blank stare and replied "soy" (which i highly doubt). I've been in pain ever since almost a day and a half later. I don't know if the cook put the wrong gravy on or what but its been a quite painful reaction to the food and I have to learn to never trust ANYWHERE that states gluten free. Sadly I have to give this restaurant 2 stars, one because the cashier smiled otherwise it would be a 0. Honestly, the poutine didn't taste great either. If management follow's these reviews I would ask you please to re consider your menu as being gluten free as I suffered a long and painful gluten reaction to your 'gluten free' poutine.

8  Thank archangel81