“great coffee”

Dining options: Seating
Calgary
“great coffee”
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Whenever we are going out for coffee, Waves is our favourite destination. We go to the Springborough Blvd location or the one on 17th Ave SW at about 10th St. We usually drink decaf, which is made fresh each time we order. I also have to say that each location has great staff: friendly, helpful and efficient! The spill-proof lids on the take out cups are quite unique. I agree with other posters that it would be really nice to know when there is going to be entertainment. As it is, we only happened upon quite a good duo on a Saturday night, entirely by happenstance. And I too wish Waves would come to our neighbourhood.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank traveling_liz_08

Calgary, Canada
“Great little coffee shop”
Reviewed 2 June 2012

A nice, 2 floor coffee shop with a blend of different coffees and drinks to please everyone. Nicely situated facing 17th avenue sw, where you can see people and many nice cars go by. Price isn't bad comparing to other coffee shops and definately you must try their pastries. Mmmm....

1 Thank Am-Ray1
Calgary, Canada
“I wish they would move to my neighbourhood!”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We love coffee and there are two places we will drive to get it: 1) Waves and 2) Phil and Sebastians. The vibe at Waves is cool-casual and you will see everything from moms and kids to couples on dates to students studying for exams. The coffees and teas are amazing (the white chocolate mocha containes real white chocolate chips) and the food (lunch and desserts) is always evolving and is always delicious.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank skytre
Calgary, Canada
“Best Mocha with Live Entertainment”
Reviewed 24 December 2011

We have been there twice this month, both in the weekend evening and both times they had a great live entertainment there. They told me they have music entertainment from different cultures on the weekends and a few weekdays. The disappointment was that they did not have any idea about upcoming events/schedules. I checked their website and there was no information in that regard either.
Their Mocha is one of the best - if not the best - I had in town, with real Belgian chocolate. They have tens of different specialty hot drinks (coffees, teas, hot chocolates, Lattes, Espressos, Rooibos, Cappuccinos, etc. in different flavors and all types of their blends), cold drinks, desserts, cakes, even sandwiches.
Their staff are very nice and receiving and their seating area is with large and comfortable leather chairs and nice tables. I liked their decoration as well.
I did not liked their washroom facility access that each time only one can have access to it with an access key code.
By visiting their website it seems their main business is in BC and they just came to Alberta and they have not yet updated the information about their Alberta places on their website. I learned through their website that they have 5 locations in Calgary, but I don't have any idea how good or bad their other locations are. I just know about this 17 Ave. location.
This is my favorite coffee shop in Calgary and for live entertainment I don't know how we can be informed in advance, which is a shame.
Their website is http://www.wavescoffee.com if you like to check although I believe it is not a well-designed website as it is hard to navigate through it and find the information you are looking for.

• Visited December 2011