“Nice stop for some Pho”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighbourhood: Northwest Calgary
Neighbourhood: Northwest Calgary
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Decided to stop at Saigon Red Sky Vietnamese Restaurant and found it to be a very nice little spot to enjoy some satay soup and beef noodle soup. Also had some hot tasty spring rolls as well. The service was excellent and the server was quite friendly who stopped by to refill our water glasses and ensure all our needs were met. Nice interior and very clean. I will definitely come again and bring my family members ! It was very nice to stop, slow down and enjoy some comfort food after rushing around doing errands all morning. It is nice to support your small family businesses that try to serve their communities. We shall be back.

1  Thank Wishbones

Reviewed 1 July 2013

A gem that I discovered 6 months ago. Been there 4 times since.
The interior is like a bistro, nice simple decor, quiet. Owner very hands on, polite, and offers good simple food at fair price. Often busy, but just below full capacity every time we went.
It closes at 9pm, so make sure you do not go much after 8. First time we went we arrived 8:15, we had to promise that we'll be out before 9, and food was so fast in coming that we were comfortably done 10 minutes to 9.

1  Thank tak3
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Decided to try this place in a little stripmall.the best stay beef noodle ever.its not clear broth with hot sauce in oil,its the real thing hot spicy tasty washed it down with a big glass of ice coffee. It made my day

2  Thank chinjabi
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I went with my family to this little Vietnamese restaurant in Beddington last week. It is in a small strip mall just off Beddington trail and I probably wouldn't even think to go here if it wasn't recommended to me. The decor is nice unlike many other Vietnamese places around the city, the place is extremely clean and welcoming. The service was very prompt and we received our food within 15 mins of ordering. I have been to many Vietnamese places around the city and this one is definitely near the top for me. There was a very good selection of menu items and the meat actually had a good consistency. I find at a lot of other vietnamese places the meat seems chewy and rubbery with lots of fat in it. I had Pho while everyone else had vermicelli or rice dishes. The portions were very good and there is even a whole section of vegetarian items. When I ordered salad rolls the meat was hot and fresh which let me know they were rolled fresh and not ahead of time so they were not cold and gummy. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for fast and fresh Vietnamese food in a clean and comfortable setting.

1  Thank chrystal77
Reviewed 25 January 2013

Owner always there. Comes by and takes an interest. Food is very good and always fresh and hot. Cozy atmosphere with discrete background music.

1  Thank aers