“Wonderful Hotel - Perfect Location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn by Marriott Calgary Airport

Residence Inn by Marriott Calgary Airport
Ranked #17 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Saskatoon
“Wonderful Hotel - Perfect Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Front Desk staff were stellar, room is very well appointed and although you need a car to get around, we found that the hotel was perfectly located for where we needed to go. Upon check in the room was spotless and we like the layout of a King for us and a pullout for the kids

Pool's maximum depth is about 4.5 feet which works well for laps and also for kids to play. Had a weird experience with a family who had not brought bathing suits... kids had shorts but the father tried to get into the pool with nothing but a towel (which I assume he would have ditched once in the water) Not sure how the hotel can inform people that they can not go into the pool with proper swimming attire.

Breakfast each morning starts at 6:30am weekdays and 7am weekends and was quite nice.

Kitchen in the room was perfect with a large fridge, microwave, 2 burner stove top and an oven / microwave combo

Would like to have seen shower gel instead of bar soap so I went to the nearby Walmart (7 minute drive) and bought what I needed

The last time I was in Calgary I stayed at the Fairmont which was wonderful but I think I would stay here next time because of the amenities and free parking.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CanadianCruiseBooker

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Metro Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

GREAT
• Friendly and helpful front desk staff
• Nelson and the entire Breakfast team, exceptional
• Value – Free dinner one night (currently offered 3 nights a week) and the best Free breakfast you can find anywhere. Not to mention a Great price for the room.
• Easy to find
• Modern & comfortable lobby
• Great rooms at any price, Big rooms plus it is nice to have the kitchen sometimes
• The best exercise room I have found in a hotel, had everything I needed and BIG
Not so Great
• Over a one inch space on the bottom of my door so you can hear people in the hall, most rooms don’t have such a big gap. On the second and third night I put couch pillows on the floor to block the noise and it worked fine.
• Kinda wish they had a hot tub but no biggie –still give this hotel a top rating

Room Tip: At first we were excited to be on the Third floor right next to the pool and health club but with th...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Dave W
Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

This hotel is the best hotel That my husband and I have ever stayed in by far, and we travel quite a bit, and have stayed in a lot of hotels! We just spent a week there and it was a wonderful experience.The entire staff from the front desk(especially maricar), the breakfast room(especially Emily, Janice and Nelson) and the 3rd floor housekeeping staff(Joyce especially), were wonderful to deal with! You were acknowledged by name all the time and they did anything they could to make the stay as good as possible.I cannot say enough good things about this place and we are returning again as soon as necessary. Also the free breakfast was wonderful as is the little restaurant where the food was delicious and the service was great!!Definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoys a great experience in a hotel!!

Room Tip: we stayed in the 2 bedroom suite ,very roomy and comfortable, ac/heating unit was a bit noisy but th...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Judy P
Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

I can't say enough about how wonderful this hotel is. When I came in I was immediately acknowledged by the front desk staff, very professional but warm and friendly. The room is amazing full kitchen and sitting area so you do not have to watch tv on the bed. I came on a Friday night so that night they had a complimentary BBQ chicken with salads. Very neat! Bed is very comfortable. Only negative for me is I am a bath person and it only has a shower. But all the rest makes up for that. :-)
Thanks Residence Inn by Marriott YYC!

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Cyndy W
Lethbridge, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Hotel Staff was amazing and very helpful. Breakfast was excellent. Rooms were very clean. The rooms were quiet and the beds were comfortable. We came with a group of 20 and everyone loved the hotel. We will definitely come back again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Darren-Kristi M
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

Great rooms but unpleasant check-in experience. Was sent here from the adjoining Marriott property that was full. Front Desk at that hotel said rate at Residence Inn would be $210 (after calling them to check).

Then I checked online and could see widely-available rates at the Residence Inn for $190.

Walk to the front-desk and requested a room to be told the only rate available was $229. When I questioned it, the desk agent said I was welcome to book online for a lower rate and that the $210 rate was no longer available (in the time it took me to walk around the corner).

Needless to say, it's not the money but the disregard for doing the right thing. Is that really how this is supposed to work? The hotel was fine but my check in experience left a bad taste.

Room Tip: There is some airplane noise on the runway-facing side. Only to be expected at an airport hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank euphemus
AC-AGM, Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Calgary Airport, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear euphemus,

Thank you for staying with us and also taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Calgary Airport. We value your feedback and our goal is to ensure that your concerns are resolved to your satisfaction.
I am sorry to learn that your experience with us was not excellent and I will certainly address this with the team. We certainly did not go the extra mile and this will be discussed with the team. Our rates should be consistent across all channels so I will do a follow up to ensure compliance.
I would like to ensure a satisfactory resolution so please contact the hotel and request to speak to the Assistant General Manager.
euphemus, again my sincere apologies and I look forward to speak with you.

Assistant General Manager
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Love this place. New hotel and everything is in great shape.

All rooms are suites with a kitchen. Breakfast was excellent. The lady who runs the kitchen even came around asking how it was and anything that I would like to see.

Gym is very very good. Free weights and machines. New cardio equipment.

Stayed March 2014