“Wish I had stayed longer!”

Residence Inn by Marriott Calgary Airport
Ranked #42 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I must confess: didn't have great expectations. I was wrong. This is a great hotel. Rooms are a great size (plus a small kitchen and living room). Eveything looks brand new. The hotel is very convenient to the airport (about 10 minutes by free-shuttle). Not so close to downtown though. Not pricey.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank edu_cavalcanti
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn by Marriott Calgary Airport

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The Courtyard and Residence Inn are connected, and share some facilities. We stayed at the latter for a night prior to an early flight. The room was pretty warm, and the A/C wasn't working, but the engineer got that fixed, and all in all, it wasn't a bad stay. The kitchen is adequate for a longer stay, but be forewarned that there is no fan to exhaust the cooking odors, so go easy on the garlic.

I didn't find it as quiet as some others have said, but I was on the airport side.

Room Tip: Rooms facing west get afternoon sun and airport noise.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank luv2travl003
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I never have high expectations for an airport hotel but they just keep getting better and better! This is a lovely hotel that is in beautiful condition with very spacious and tastefully decorated rooms. A great deal that includes breakfast and Wifi. Honestly, as nice a hotel as some of the more pricey resorts we stayed in throughout this trip!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I usually go for the cheapest alternative, but this time I was a female, traveling by myself and arriving in a strange city late at night. I already had a "cheapo" place reserved for about $90 per night, but the TripAdvisor reviews were downright scary. So I decided to try Priceline and go for a place about $120 per night. I asked for a 3 star hotel and did not expect to get it. But I was very lucky! Residence Inn Calgary Airport was a dream. I never would have selected it myself, because I am always so cheap! I have written reviews for TripAdvisor before, and I know they are believable. Next time I will make sure I check TripAdvisor first, and I will not be afraid to spend a little bit more for comfort and peace of mind.

I will say that the hotel was a little hard to find because all of the hotels are located to the south, far away from the airport exit to the north, and the signage is very poor.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms must be excellent, but cannot say for sure.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Linda T
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Great hotel. Very clean and spacious rooms. Nice pool and workout facility.
Hot breakfast really hits the spot.
perfect for family.
Free wifi and parking.
Hotel is in an industrial area near the airport. It's fairly close to costco, a local mall and highway access.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here on a recent trip to the Canadian Rockies. The hotel has a free shuttle from the Calgary airport. The staff is super friendly and helpful with how to use the bus and train system. The rooms are modern and clean. The breakfast was absolutely delicious with new offerings every morning.It's a short walk to the #57 bus that will take you to the train station. You'll need correct change - $3 CDN, but the ticket is good for 90 minutes and it can be used on the train too.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night after lending and coming from the airport. We arrived with the hotel chattel.
As we were 3 adults and 3 children, we took a double bed room suite and paid 307 USD inc. tax.
The room was specious with two bathrooms and spotlessly clean.
The complimentary breakfast offered a wide variety of dishes from cereals to hot dishes.
We highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014