“Friendly ppl but in pricier side”
Review of Saigon Star Vietnamese Cuisine - CLOSED

Saigon Star Vietnamese Cuisine
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

I would say food and bubble tea are below average. The soup has more seasoning, you can tell the it hasn't been cooked for hours to get the flavours. Bubble tea is the powder mix, not true fruit. Spring rolls are always soggy. Having said that, I still prefer this over the hospital cafeteria food. Staff are friendly. The restaurant itself is like any other Viet restaurant, don't expect anything outstanding. At least it's clean. Smaller portion and pricier than other Viet restaurant.

1  Thank Stm_eternity

Reviewed 27 October 2012 via mobile

My coworkers and I eat here at least a couple times a month as we work across the street. Everyone agrees that everything they have tried has been very good, we all have our personal favorites, mine are the pad thai #66, the stirfry on crispy egg noodles #73 and the chicken satay sub. Food is also very quick, portion sizes are large and the prizes are cheap.

Only downsides that we have noticed and really these are minor: the restaurant is small and tends ro be very busy for lunch (on fridays especially) and they seem to forget about bringing you the bill so consider going up to the counter when you are ready.

1  Thank Lundvike
Reviewed 26 October 2012

We ordered using the "JustEat" delivery service.. which in itself is a good resource, if you're tired of just being able to order pizza. We love.. I mean, love Vietnamese cuisine.. but the stuff from Saigon Star leaves very little to be desired.

I have never seen 2 salad rolls in an order.. it's always been 3, and the charbroiled chicken was more like chicken jerky.. it was so dry and chewy, like it's been sitting for a few hours. And the entire dish had an mild, fishy taste.. unpalatable.

About the only thing that was ok, were the sodas we ordered.

I'm giving this place 1 star, only because I have to. Trust me, if I could it would have been a -10. $40 in the trash, because even my garbage guts of a dog wouldn't eat it. Better to go to another place, where they take pride in the food they serve. I should have just picked up from my usual place! I will from now on.

2  Thank Happy L
Reviewed 30 June 2012

The customer service at the Saigon Star and Sub leaves much to be desired . The lemon grass chicken has no lemon grass and tastes like chicken sauteed in soy sauce. Be careful not to believe staff if they claim a dish has vegetables. They consider sliced chives to be a vegetable. Watch what they do with the left over bean spouts from the plates. They in fact don't throw them in the garbage, but set them aside - presumably to re-use with the next customer. Don't bother phoning if the food is uncooked or not what you ordered. Their response is to hang up on customers that have already paid.

The restaurant seems to be rude people using bait and switch tactics.

2  Thank zed01
Reviewed 7 May 2012

The service was surly: my starter was simply inedible, and the main course was greasy. These people serve cheap food at an expensive price, and display more attitude than they have a right to. One to avoid.

3  Thank AM207