“Great local bar with a good vibe”

4th Spot Kitchen and Bar
Ranked #156 of 3,709 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We ventured out to this restaurant on a monday night in -25 C weather and the entire time we were there the restaurant was full - this is a testament to the dining experience! My sister-in-law reports the place is lined up out the door on the weekends and I can see why. It has a really fun vibe that so many eateries can not capture. Live music on tuesdays. Nicely decorated and comfortable. We had shared a great bottle of Pinot Noir, mussels and a burger with yummy yam fries over the course of 2.5 hours up in the bar. Even with the amount of people coming and going we weren't rushed to order and had a great visit. The food was very good. We had an excellent waitress who was very attentive. Lot's of big TVs for the sports lover in one's life.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Although we don't live in the neighbourhood we often visit 4th Spot because we like the vibe and the food. The restaurant is modern, has a patio out front, and the bar/lounge area is in the back. We like either the patio or the bar/lounge area as the restaurant in the front tends to be more focused on families. We've tried a number of items on the menu and they have all been good. The servers are friendly and attentive. This is not fine dining, but it's a pub and you don't expect that. It is consistently busy, so they must be doing something right!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I have frequented this restaurant quite a bit in the past and generally always have a good experience.. not this time. It was Monday and my Jerk wings were not hot and dry, I had to ask for some more sauce and one of the wings on the plate was broken in half from a supplier I suspect, no one cared to eliminate it from service,the carrot and celery looked like it was drying out as well,.. def NOT fresh! for $11.99, What a rip off! My year and a half year old kid was with us too, we ordered a kids meal, our server failed to bring the ice cream it claimed to have come with. The glass the iced tea was in was really cracked and could have caused injury. Our server Taryn was rude and seemed to not care at all. When asked to change the glass she coldly stared and never came back with another drink. Also when packing up leftover food, we clarified to keep the chicken fingers separate as there was was a gluten allergy. She boldy cut me off mid sentence and said " I understand!" I will not send or reccomend any more business here and I will not be back for a very long time and if I do return and this server is still there I will not sit down. I hope the food gets better, it used to be a good spot to eat... NOT anymore!!

2  Thank Bistronomy
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I enjoy this place for a great NW suburb option away from downtown, and areas where parking is hard to find. The restaurant is smart and excellent food options. Bar/lounge area is lively and nicely decorated with several high-backed booths. Lots of privacy if you want it, and good kind of people. The decor features historic maps and photos of the neighbourhood. Pizza is an old family recipe with both deep dish and thin crust. The simple margarita pizza with fresh tomato and basil is divine.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

This is a great neighborhood restaurant and bar. A good selection of beers and a great burger and service made this an excellent overall experience.

The server was attentive and helpful and we were pleased with our experience.