“Highly recommended...”

Dining options: Breakfast
White Rock, Canada
“Highly recommended...”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Entertained some clients here today. They had rave reviews about this place... "Best Burgers" in Calgary, etc...
We got there before noon, but all the seats were already taken... They can seat about 20 -25 people. The staff was very nice and asked if we wanted a coffee while we waited and offered a seat at the bar. They also allowed us to pre-order our meals. We were seated about 10 minutes afterwards. I ordered a bison burger with a side-salad. I was a little surprised about the price - 17 dollars... I told the waitress the burger had better be good for that price. She said most of their ingredients are local and organic. OK... Point well taken. I'm glad I ordered it since the meat was juicy, flavourful and well textured. The condiments were also a great complement to the meat. The side salad was well prepared and colourful.
The wait staff are really good here. Professional and detail-oriented. Definitely a good spot for a casual business lunch in a funky atmosphere.

• Visited November 2013

“Worth a visit!”
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Been to the blue star diner for dinner with my husband and again a few weeks later for breakfast with my daughter. For dinner we had the steak and a lamb burger food was amazing. breakfast we stuck to bacon and eggs as well as pancakes it was also all quite tasty but very expensive for a pretty basic meal. The restaurant it's self is clean and cute the staff is attentive. Tables are very close together so maybe not the best stop for a serious or private conversation but for good food and to support small business and locally sourced food it's worthwhile.

Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
“Awesome experience!”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

This was my favorite place to eat in Calgary. I loved the vegan-friendly menu and staff, and the sweet potato fries were the best I've ever eaten! It was exciting to have multiple veggie burgers to choose from, and I was very happy with the Mediterranean Veggie Burger. My friends ordered breakfast and really liked it, so I would highly recommend this place for any meal of the day.

I also appreciated that they were a part of Mealshare and working to make the community better

Visited July 2013
Berkeley, California
“Blue Star gets a gold star!”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

There were no tables when we arrived for breakfast on a Saturday morning at 8:45 a.m.but we were warmly greeted and quickly served a cup of coffee while we waited. In about 10 minutes, we were led to a table. One of us had a tomato and basil omelette, the other, two scrambled eggs. Both egg dishes were on the dry side so you will need to ask if you prefer them wetter. We shared a single banana-blueberry pancake and a side of fresh fruit (watermelon, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, grapefruit, orange and pineapple.) The fruit was beautifully presented, fresh, and each one at the peak of flavor.
Even though the diner was packed and the staff bustlming, the vibe was friendly. They don't take reservations so get there early.

1 Thank judeym
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Best meal of the trip!”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We visited Calgary, Canmore, Banff, Field and Jasper from our home in Philadelphia. Our dinner at the Blue Star Diner was the best meal of the trip. We enjoyed the vegetarian tacos (fried avacado!) Bison Chili, and Brisket tacos. We really loved the Bourbon Milk drinks too, tasted just like milk shakes. For dessert we had the red velvet ice cream sandwich... amazing! Wish we could have gone back for brunch.

The service was friendly, the host was super accommodating and took our drink order while we waited for a table. We will definitely be returning.

2 Thank lizzilla