Calgary West Campground
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Arts(Calgary)(Great Value!)
Hotel Elan(Calgary)
US$127
US$123
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Suites Downtown(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$101
US$162
US$157
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Port O'Call Hotel(Calgary)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$89
US$82
US$160
US$108
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We actually live in Calgary, but I wanted to get some time in our new Motorhome, even though I had to work on the Saturday. I also wanted to give my 3 kids some time at a pool, while there was still some sunny days left.... We found our pull through site was a little close to the next site, but our units were offset, so we had no issues with our awning being out. The pool was excellent and being that we had full hook-up, we had no issues with power or water. Our site was situated such that we couldn't see the highway, and we couldn't really hear it either. The staff were friendly, and even came and changed our picnic table to another one when we mentioned that the previous one was pretty unstable.

Room Tip: The middle tier of sites have good access, and the highway isn't really heard.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Aaron H
Reviewed 2 September 2013

It's conveniently located within Calgary city limits, just off the TransCanada. My sister rented an RV to go from Calgary to Vancouver and stayed two nights here. Nice setting with trees and friendly staff. The kids loved the swimming pool and mini golf.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank hk718
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Staff was friendly on arrival. The sites are kind of close together but if your looking for a place to stay near Calgary this is a great place to stay. Showers were nice. We got to them a little later than most so they were a bit dirty but that's not the campgrounds fault. The pool was a great place to cool off after running around all day. The water was clean and a great temperature. We opted for the power water site. Power was never an issue even though the campground was pretty full. It was the labour day long weekend. Water was fine as well. I would definitely come back here again sometime.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank JMurr49
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Upon arrival front desk was not overly friendly.
Sites not together (3 r.v's) as requested four months ahead of time.
Need to be able to book specific site(s) would be helpful.
Sites way too small.
No fires allowed. (city)
Only thing good was proximity to city.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed at CWC for about a week as my kids were attending summer camps at the Univ of Calgary. Overall I thought the facility was quite good for what it is. If you are looking for a "camping experience" this is not it. It is basically an alternative to staying in a hotel for a week and is a lot cheaper. The staff was quite friendly and had no issues with us extending our stay an extra night. I got the full hook ups for my trailer, a 21 foot hybrid. The sites are quite close together but they are set up in such a way that it still maintains a little bit of privacy. Not a big deal for us as we were usually in bed early and off to the U of C early as well. Generally it was pretty quiet. The pool was pretty good and offered a cool down on a couple of extremely hot days. We stayed in the "A" loop right at the bottom so there is lots of noise from the highway and road but it didn't bother me. In fact it would block other nose coming from other campers. WiFi is available and laundry facilities. The showers sometimes ran out of hot water but I think that was mainly dependent on what time of day you went.

For what it is I thought it was well run and I would definitely stay there again. For $48 a night I don't think you can go too wrong.

Room Tip: B loop looks a little more spacious but may be more exposed to wind. If going during Stampede phone ahead. I booked in March and had to prepay the first two nights because they fell on the final days of Stampede. I paid the balance of the week when I got there.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family