The Pointe Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Calgary
See available hotels
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Upon arriving in Calgary,my girlfriend and I checked to see if we could get in at the three surounding hotels. Their was nothing available so we googled "The Pointe Inn.Good rates and the rooms looked good in the pictures. So we went there. When I walked in,the manager and two other staff members were arguing. We got a room at 11pm and settled in for the night.2am we both woke up with bites all over our bodies.At 4am we were woken up to 3 people banging on the oposing door."Let us in"drunk as snot!!!!!!!!!! Manangment did nothing to right this.we got up at 6am and wanted to take a shower but with the grime in the tub and dried tooth paste on the walls it didnt happen. Again staff just shrugged it off. The thing that really got us was the sign."Newly renivated,new management". BBB and Health Board are my next priorities!

Room Tip: Drive by this one!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Perry L
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We stayed here overnight and we will never come back! Firstly, not so pleasant receptionist very straight and not smiley...feels like she's not accomodating. Secondly, bad odor in the elevator and dark hallways. Rooms? Ok, functioning airconditioner and TV but the washroom is so dirty especially the toilet bowl. Quite far from downtown area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank precious1209
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We had to book this hotel because the house we had booked for 2 weeks let us down by not informing us they had sold it! THANKS. It was the only place we could find at short notice for our group of 7, 4 bedrooms were required, being the stampede week didn't help.
After reading the reviews we were a little concerned but had no choice, our fears were unfounded. This isn't the Ritz but neither are the prices, it is a little dowdy but is being refurbished by the current owners, a gym was being installed. Our rooms were clean with new baths and beds, new towels and serviced every day, staff were helpfull and friendly (it's how you treat people) there is a shuttle both for pick-up and drop-off you need to ask! The shower was very good with constant hot water at all times of the day, AC was noisy and we needed it as it was very hot the 2 weeks we were there. There was a good new large flat screen tv with plenty of channels. Laundry with iron is available. Only a continental breakfast, because the owner told us the hot one was being abused! wifi not the best. I can honestly say we were pleasantly surprised don't be put off by the negative reviews, I don't know what some people expect for a budget hotel!

Room Tip: Treat people as you would want to be treated!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Golo49
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Stayed here before and after a flight out of Calgary, only because it was cheap and close to the airport. Even though they advertised free parking, they tried to make me pay. I had to ARgue and show my email before they would agree. Front desk lady was abrupt and borderline rude. Like she was annoyed she had to speak to guests. Room was clean but smelled of smoke even though it was allegedly smoke free. It was so loud though. I could hear everything going on in the hall and my room was right by the restaurant on the back end of my stay and I got no sleep. People making all kinds of noise in the hall late at night and then early again in the am (4am!)
Lastly, I booked a shuttle for my flight out for 8 am. I was waiting promptly in at 750. The lady at the desk ignored me, even thou she knew what I was there for. At 815 I had to go ask if the shuttle was coming or if I should get a cab. She sighs and goes to the breakfast room where apparently the driver was just hanging out and tells him he has to come drive me. He acts like I am interrupting his life.
Morale of the story, don't stay here if you have any other option.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank kiki_fm
Reviewed 14 July 2012

With Stampede going on, my usual hotel in Calgary was booked so I paid over $100 for a night here. I knew the shuttle only operated between 0700 and 1900 so I was prepared to spend the money for a cab in the morning, but I had misread the information and found out they only provide drop off, not pick up between these hours. I was grumpy at having to spend money on cabs both ways.

When I walked in the first thing I saw was a sign saying that a deposit was required for a hairdryer, iron, and ironing board. I needed all of these things, so this sign made me very angry. I've never been to a hotel that didn't provide these basics. I was also told that if I needed an ironing board that I would have to come get it myself later. The desk lady did end up bringing up my ironing board, but I was already put of by the poor customer service.

The hotel is very run down and when I got to my room, even though it was a non-smoking room, it smelled heavily of smoke. The smell of smoke was most prevalent in the bathroom.

The room is very bare-bones. I was not impressed to find that there wasn't even an alarm clock in my room. Or a box of Kleenex.

I would not stay here again, nor would I recommend it. It cost me $60 for a cab round-trip, so if you are thinking of staying here, use that money towards staying somewhere nicer.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo