“Its not horrible but i won't stay there”
Review of The Pointe Inn

The Pointe Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Calgary
The Pointe Inn
Ranked #102 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 21 August 2012

we pulled up and the outside looks run down. when we went in the lobby was nice and the staff were friendly but as we went down the hallway and in the elevator it looked almost scary the cieling was low and the rugs were stained and it looked old. when we got into our room the beds and room were small it smelled funny and made me sick. There was a old tv and funny table and chairs that barely fit. we left just as quick as we got there. The room was clean and the staff was nice but that wasn't going to keep me there. It was only $97 a night but i chose to go next door to the best western and pay an extra $54

• Stayed: August 2012
5  Thank unchalunch

Reviewed 5 August 2012

Booked two weeks at Pointe Inn despite the negative reviews. Had no choice due to the fact there were 7 of us arriving from UK and it being Stampede week didn't help and had to find hotel for all of us within our budget. Very scared with thoughts what have I done? But once we checked in, we realised the rooms weren't as bad at all! We had bed made and clean towels every day! Nice flat tv, even a little fridge!! The AC was bit on the noisy side, free wifi( but sometimes bit on the slow side), we were even given a new box of tissues when we used up the one that was given! The shower was great with lovely hot water! For breakfast there were tea and coffee, cereal, fruits and muffins- free! You don't get that for free with some posh hotels!!! There is a laundry room and iron and ironing board is available on request. The staff were friendly and we had free shuttle bus drop off to the airport ( we asked in advance). Yes, Pointe Inn is not the luxury hotel we all would like to stay but for that price, what do you expect? They are under new management and is improving but we have no major complains during the two weeks we were there! Don't be put off by the negative reviews!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank Wordslover
Reviewed 30 July 2012 via mobile

We stayed for the global oil career expo as this was the only place we could find a room that had NOT been price-gouged ($300 - $700/night for average rooms!!!). After reading the reviews we expected it to be horrible. Although it wasn't great (small and dated) it wasn't as bad as we expected - until the next day that is. After showering in the morning, we noticed that the water that had collected on the walls and ceiling had turned yellow. I had to towel off the ceiling so it wouldn't drip on us. We didn't stay a second night.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Htrerice
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Upon arriving in Calgary,my girlfriend and I checked to see if we could get in at the three surounding hotels. Their was nothing available so we googled "The Pointe Inn.Good rates and the rooms looked good in the pictures. So we went there. When I walked in,the manager and two other staff members were arguing. We got a room at 11pm and settled in for the night.2am we both woke up with bites all over our bodies.At 4am we were woken up to 3 people banging on the oposing door."Let us in"drunk as snot!!!!!!!!!! Manangment did nothing to right this.we got up at 6am and wanted to take a shower but with the grime in the tub and dried tooth paste on the walls it didnt happen. Again staff just shrugged it off. The thing that really got us was the sign."Newly renivated,new management". BBB and Health Board are my next priorities!

Room Tip: Drive by this one!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Perry L
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We stayed here overnight and we will never come back! Firstly, not so pleasant receptionist very straight and not smiley...feels like she's not accomodating. Secondly, bad odor in the elevator and dark hallways. Rooms? Ok, functioning airconditioner and TV but the washroom is so dirty especially the toilet bowl. Quite far from downtown area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank precious1209
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We had to book this hotel because the house we had booked for 2 weeks let us down by not informing us they had sold it! THANKS. It was the only place we could find at short notice for our group of 7, 4 bedrooms were required, being the stampede week didn't help.
After reading the reviews we were a little concerned but had no choice, our fears were unfounded. This isn't the Ritz but neither are the prices, it is a little dowdy but is being refurbished by the current owners, a gym was being installed. Our rooms were clean with new baths and beds, new towels and serviced every day, staff were helpfull and friendly (it's how you treat people) there is a shuttle both for pick-up and drop-off you need to ask! The shower was very good with constant hot water at all times of the day, AC was noisy and we needed it as it was very hot the 2 weeks we were there. There was a good new large flat screen tv with plenty of channels. Laundry with iron is available. Only a continental breakfast, because the owner told us the hot one was being abused! wifi not the best. I can honestly say we were pleasantly surprised don't be put off by the negative reviews, I don't know what some people expect for a budget hotel!

Room Tip: Treat people as you would want to be treated!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Golo49
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Stayed here before and after a flight out of Calgary, only because it was cheap and close to the airport. Even though they advertised free parking, they tried to make me pay. I had to ARgue and show my email before they would agree. Front desk lady was abrupt and borderline rude. Like she was annoyed she had to speak to guests. Room was clean but smelled of smoke even though it was allegedly smoke free. It was so loud though. I could hear everything going on in the hall and my room was right by the restaurant on the back end of my stay and I got no sleep. People making all kinds of noise in the hall late at night and then early again in the am (4am!)
Lastly, I booked a shuttle for my flight out for 8 am. I was waiting promptly in at 750. The lady at the desk ignored me, even thou she knew what I was there for. At 815 I had to go ask if the shuttle was coming or if I should get a cab. She sighs and goes to the breakfast room where apparently the driver was just hanging out and tells him he has to come drive me. He acts like I am interrupting his life.
Morale of the story, don't stay here if you have any other option.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo