“Best meal I have had in a restaurant in ages”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of A Taste of Saigon

A Taste of Saigon
Ranked #1,428 of 3,512 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best meal I have had in a restaurant in ages”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I recently "discovered" Vietnamese cuisine and I had a meal in this restaurant. The verdict: They have ruined Chinese food for me for ever! The food was excellent and the price was great too. I'll be eating at this restaurant for a loooong time.

• Visited December 2013

“Amazing Amazing Amazing!”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

My family has known Ivy and her family for over a decade, from when they first had their location in Silver Springs. The food has CONSISTENTLY been amazing and the new location is absolutely beautiful and so cozy! They are the only Vietnamese restaurant in Calgary that I know of that has the gluten free spring rolls and they cater to my various allergies with ease. They are so so so helpful and always extremely friendly.
Recently, we held our Rehearsal Dinner at Taste of Saigon and they went absolutely above and beyond for us! They decorated with the flowers we were to have at our wedding and Tomi met with us many times to ensure that it went perfectly.
The entire thing was absolutely perfect and delicious- meal after unique meal was incredibly delicious, beautifully plated and JUST SO GOOD!!!
I can't say enough amazing things about Taste of Saigon!! THANK YOU for making our Rehearsal Dinner an incredible success!!
We are going to order tonight - can't wait!!! :)

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Katherine W
“Bring me some more.”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

There are a lot of Veitnmeses resteraunts to choose form, but when my son and his basketball team go back to the same place all teh time... well my wife and I had to try it. The spring rolls are to die for ( hint - order them as extras on your entree - cheaper than odering them as an appetizer). The service was fast and hot. The food was tasty and well porportioned. What sets this one apart from the many others? Well it's hard to nail down, but when your finished there is something that says "that was delicious,we'll be back".

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank phkbc
Germany
“Best food in two weeks in Canada”
Reviewed 6 September 2012

More of a local joint, in a little strip mall nearby Walmart, you'll find delicious food here for a low price (in expensive Canada!).

We had the Chicken Noodle Soup for our son ( tasty!), the Coconut Curry Soup which was fantastic and the Vermicelli dish with the different meats in it (yum!!).

If it had not been our last day in town we would have been back, no question.
By the way, the place was packed...on a weekday. On every table you could see at least one soup bowl (they are meal size!). Seems to be the favorite.

Try the Bubble Tea, too - but as a dessert, it is way sweet. We had the Green Apple one, boy, was that good. ;-)

• Visited August 2012