“Great Neighborhood Pub”

Kensington Pub
Ranked #279 of 3,512 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Drinks, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Phone: (403) 270-4505 Postal code: T2N 1W7
Vancouver, Canada
“Great Neighborhood Pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

Whenever I am in Calgary and in the Kensington/Sunnyside neighborhood I always stop in for a pint and a bite to eat. Great atmosphere. A local pub with a loyal and local clientele. Have always received great service and good food.

• Visited July 2013

Alberta
“A great little pub with decent food and prices.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

I've been to the Kensington Pub a few times in the last couple of months and was not disappointed with the food or service. The pub is a little on the small side which is great for casual get-togethers with friends, the beer cold, and the pub grub is better than the usual fare elsewhere.

I've had the wings and the shepard's pie in the past, and was impressed with the portion size and value. You won't go wrong with the Kensington Pub.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank JustMeB
Perth
“Cute pub with good food and friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

Cute and quaint pub with good food and friendly service, the special on the chicken wings is recommended!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Charlotte F
“Friendly neighborhood pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

Went here for a couple pints waiting for sushi to open, got a chance to sit on there upstairs patio, although a little cramped has a great vibe to it, very friendly, Nice atmosphere, we didn't eat but what others.got beside us looked and smelled delicious, if I lived in Kensington this would be my neighborhood local pub!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Travelling_norm
Calgary, Canada
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

The perfect little hidden gem in Kensington....although me thinks it's not so hidden based on the reviews, cutesy nick name and buzz it has.

Thing is I've walked passed it numerous times and always been uber curious. Then one day hubs & I decided we wanted to do a pub crawl of sorts. Like a low key "married still have to drive" type of pub crawl where we try out a few pubs (one drink, one appy at each)...take in a flick...the try out a few more pubs. Well we made 2 that evening and happily this was one of them.

LOVE how small, old, homey & cozy this place is. So European and so welcoming. So far so good. Instead of an appetizer we decided on a meal since our next stop was a flick. Hubs went right for the Beef & Yorkshire Pudding and proceeded to inhale it without breathing when it arrived. I take this as a very positive, delicious experience for him. I decided on the Cod & Chips. Very pleased indeed! We enjoyed our bites with a mug of beer....bringing the entire meal in the $40 range. So impressed.

I can't wait to run back here KP and bring everyone I know.

Visited March 2013