“Good Vegetarian Food”

Pho So 1
Ranked #2,513 of 3,624 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I always get the veggie egg rolls over vermicelli noodles. Very tasty! It's the only place in town that makes it so good.

There are newer reviews for Pho So 1

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I can't count the number of times I have eaten here over the years and I only had one meal ever that wasn't up to their standard.
The vermicelli dishes are wonderful, as well as the salad rolls. Their Pho (soup) is a must try. The broth has such a wonderful flavor that I have never experienced at any other Vietnamese restaurant.
It's really worth the visit, only if you want authentic Vietnamese food.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

My husband and I have been frequenting Pho So 1 for years. The service is efficient, the food is consistent and good, and it is easy to have lunch in under 45 minutes. We generally order a vermicelli bowl and the sate beef soup. Both are excellent. As other reviewers have noted, there is a decent quantity of meat in their dishes as compared to some other Vietnamese restaurants. The different sizes of meals offers a choice depending on how hungry you are. The only downside is parking. The parking lot is usually crowded due to traffic to the grocery store and the mall. On street parking can also be a challenge as this area is typically crowded.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

The salad rolls and pho are the two reasons I eat at Pho So 1. This is the place that I generally will go to when I am craving Pho. I also like the fact that they actually have a small in terms of portions. Most restaurant offer you a selection of M, L or XL or L or XL and it is usually way too much food. The ratio of meat and vegetables is well balanced and the broth nicely balance in terms of flavour and spices. Salad rolls are always fresh and reasonably priced.

1  Thank Eswina N
Reviewed 26 January 2013

We ate lunch here just before Xmas, the place was 1/2 busy. We had meat and shrimp salad rolls to start, we found these quite dried out, probably prepared the day before and not fresh on demand as we are used too.
We then had the medium size seafood noodle soup, and the small size well done beef noodle soup. Portions are generously large. Seafood came with prawns, squid and fake crab, the soup broth was very bland. The beef noodle soup stock was also very bland.