“Excellent doughnuts - poor atmosphere”

Jelly Modern Doughnuts
Ranked #7 of 35 Bakeries in Calgary
Reviewed 6 September 2013

The doughnuts were fantastic, with some very imaginative flavours, like maple and bacon! The place itself was not very welcoming and nor were the staff. Quite uncomfortable eating in - I think more people take the doughnuts out.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

This a a modern take on the traditional donut - similar to the current cupcake craze!! The maple doughnut was great with a centre of maple custard like cream, and the cake doughnuts looked fantastic - many many different flavours and creative takes on the Doughnut.
Benches are the seating - along the wall, and a separate area I believe, was used for birthday parties. The servers were very pleasant and fast, but the benches needed to be cleared off more quickly as with only four people in the shop, we had to clear off crumbs and wrappers from a previous customer in order to sit down. First impressions mean a lot, and this task needs attention.
The doughnuts were delicious!! Have a treat at Jelly Modern Doughnuts!

2  Thank highlandancer
Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

If you're looking for a unique place for super good doughnuts this is the place for you. I had the maple maple cream and it was delicious. My one daughter had the snore doughnut and it was also very good.

The atmosphere is very cool and I will definitely be back!

1  Thank powelj1
Reviewed 10 July 2013

They advertise a stampede breakfast and I go out of my way to check it out,as it sounded interesting. I get there and no one greets me at all.In fact I look over at a table and see doughnuts cut in half and a long line up of people.I ask a guy standing at the table about the breakfast and he gives me half of a doughnut. Really !! Then I (again) ask is the line up for the breakfast and he says "yes". There were some girls standing in the back room giggling and cooking, I guess. So I stand there for about 25 to 30 minutes and still I see no food being handed out.That is, except for a half a doughnut. Haha! This is something for a Seinfeld episode! The coffee I received was poor at best and the half-a-doughnut..well..let's just say Safeway's are better, down the street.Oh and Safeway does not charge $3.00 for one doughnut..lol

3  Thank swcgy
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I went here for the first time in June 2013. Nice little shop, very girly and pink. They have a variety of donuts to choose from, I purchased the red velvet and a chocolate topped one (can't remember the name) but they were pretty good! I would stop by again and try other kinds as they all looked delicious!

1  Thank TashaNsun