“Best. Beef. Ribs. Ever!”
Review of Safari Grill

Safari Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Safari Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #243 of 3,770 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$12 - US$27
Cuisines: African, Indian
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Memorial Dr. SE
Transit: We are located near Franklin Station.
Description: Safari Grill, with its committment to using only the freshest ingredients as well as mirroring true East African hospitality, succeeds in delivering an authentic African experience. With decor that has been imported from countries such as Tanzania and Kenya, coupled with local beers and beverages, one can lose themselves in this reflected reality.
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The beef ribs and pili pili mogo (crunchy cassava) at this joint are divine.

The ribs are cut super thin, and the sauce proppa killer.

They take me right back to East Africa whenever I'm in Calgary. To be honest, I wish I could feast on this fare in a restaurant WHEN I"M ACTUALLY IN AFRICA. This is a dying cuisine that needs to be kept afloat!

I usually go when its not too busy, and I get pretty quick service.

After leaving I've just seen on the website menu that they have Mzambarau juice. For reals??

Keep it up!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Tasty food and very nice service. Loved their kingfish with coconut sauce, it also came in a very cute and unique presentation. Oh, and the serving is big enough for two people so the price is very worth it. They also have a big menu so I will definitely go back for the other dishes.
I highly recommend this place to those who are looking for a different style of food.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

It's so amazing restaurant!!! I had Safari fusion ribs, Masala Mogo, Butter chicken, and Forodhani platter. Everthing is so PERPECT EVER. We can enjoy African's flavor. I love them!

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

There was nothing on the menu that was appetizing. They have a tangy and a vinegary sauce that they add to everything. From about six or seven different items we ordered, I found only the naan (bread) to be good.

3  Thank hamid g
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We went there on recommendation of family and for sure it was worth it. Though I am not a big fan of ribs..but their "short beef ribs" are just superb. tender and with just enough spices.. you would just not want to stop...
We also ordered Afrique kuku" chicken with peri peri sauce..which was mouth watering, Poussin chicken (which was ok), Fish tikka and garlic nan.
Though they were very busy, but their service was prompt and friendly. One of the best meals that we have had in a long time..Highly recommended.