“Happy place”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very quaint diner in Ramsay with good quality food and happy ambience for a sunday brunch. Although there was a bit of a wait because it was a Sunday but we were treated for a good coffee while waiting and they use coffed mugs instead of paper cups. Really good coffee and the servers were really nice and the short rib hash and eggs was to die for. The catsup bottles on the table were all clean unlike othere restaurants where you find it greasy and traces of dried catsup around the tip of the bottle. Will definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

There were five of us today. Being the Monday of the Victoria Day weekend we waited till 1:30 to come to avoid a long wait. We waited outside for abut 10 minutes. BTW there is a huge pail of sidewalk chalk to doodle with while you are waiting!
There were two seniors, two children and one teen. We ordered three milkshakes, 2 coffee, 2 traditional Eggs Bennie, one veggie burger, one children's grilled cheese meal and one hazelnut-chocolate crepe with caramelized bananas and whipped creme. Also an order of poutine for two to share. All meals were delish.
The service was a little slow but it looked like the kitchen was slammed. It was all worth waiting for for sure. The decaf coffee was a little cool but we really a great meal with cheerful service.
There were vegetarian, vegan and carnivore choices as well as gluten options.
I agree with other reviewers that with the high ceilings and wooden floors the noise level is a bit high.
I would definitely recommend this restaurant and will be back on my next trip to Calgary.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We love this spot for an early morning kick start and keep coming back because of the staff rocks. Red's has a great energy with just the people but they could cut the loud music and still have a success. The menu is varied and creative but portions are way too much . The coffee is outstanding , locations and parking no problem - but get there early.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Visited reds for a breakfast business meeting recently, enjoyable. We arrived early and as time went by and Red's filled up, the noise level definitely increased. The high ceilings and wood floor (great ambiance) allow the noise level to rise, however, having said that, it creates a good vibe. We had great service, our coffee cups were always full and the food was very good. I had the short rib hash and eggs scrambler, which was excellent and plenty of food, I could not finish it. My guest had an egg white omelette with a couple of special requests and it came out perfect.

Great spot for breakfast. Next, I will try reds for lunch.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Extensive menu with breakfast and lunch items - everything you could ask for in a diner, plus a little more.

Service is quick, and great at refilling water/coffee, which is always what's most important to me when I go there.

Definitely will be back.