“Great Place!”
Review of Market

Market
Reserve with OpenTable
Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 3,645 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My husband took his family and I here for my birthday. He made a reservation for 8:30 (there were 9 of us and it was a Friday night) and we didn't actually end up getting seated until almost 9:00. It was a little frustrating because the servers did not seem to be hurrying the people at our table along. I guess they didn't let them know that a reservation was coming in because they just let the people sit and chat with drinks while we stood waiting. Eventually we did sit down.

Our server was great and the drinks and food were prompt. The food was excellent, great presentation. The drinks are pretty pricey but mine was delicious (leceevious!). At the end of it all they did a decent job of making up for the wait. They covered the first round of drinks, took $25 off the bill and brought me donuts for my birthday dessert. The atmosphere was neat and the place had a good vibe. It's definitely worth checking out.

1  Thank JennB22
MARKETRestaurant, Owner at Market, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you JennB22 for your feedback and review on TripAdvisor! First off Happy late Birthday!!! Secondly I want to apologize for your wait time upon arriving at MARKET. On busy nights its so hard to gage how long a table will stay for and sometimes it can run into our second reservation seating. We are looking at ways to work around this, but we do apologize for keeping your party waiting. I am happy to hear that your server was great and drinks were prompt. I have also let chef know that your food and presentations was excellent. Finally I am happy that we took care of drinks and a dessert for you on your special day. It is standard policy at MARKET that if we cause any inconvenience for our guests that we take care of them and make things right. We hope that we will see you again soon! Cheers-Vanessa, Owner

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We went for dinner with friends before hitting the theatre. What I really liked about the description of the restaurant was they are a sustainable restaurant. They make their own bread, cheese and sodas. They grow their own herbs, butcher their own meat and locally source as much as they can. I had the special that night... Line caught wild salmon that was cooked to perfection! The food was unique yet simply made, presentation phenomenal and our server was great! The table beside us shared laughs and our meal as we had so much food and they were staring at us with envy.

It was a great evening and we will definitely be going back!!!

Thank you Tanya H for your review of MARKET on TripAdvisor! Its good to hear that you love our sustainable, local concept for food! Its also awesome to hear you enjoyed the Salmon feature as we just put that on our dinner menu! We had such a great response from our feature menu that we decided to make it a full-time dinner option! I have shared your comments we my General Manager and Chef and appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience! We hope to see you back soon! Cheers- Vanessa, Owner

Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Nearly walked past! Went in to find a stunning eclectic restaurant!

Tuna salad excellent

Staff amazing... Thank you guys

MARKETRestaurant, Owner at Market, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Hey! Thanks for posting your review on TripAdvisor! Glad you didn't walk past us and were able to come in and experience MARKET! Happy to hear you thought our restaurant is stunning and electric! I will let Chef know you enjoyed the Tuna Salad and also let my General Manager you enjoyed the service! Please come see us again :) Cheers, Vanessa- Owner

Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Best iced tea ever!! Loved the honey in it. Lunch was beautifully presented and perfectly seasoned. Will be recommending to friends and family. You guys just made 3 chefs very happy.

MARKETRestaurant, Owner at Market, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you Gabriella for your review on TripAdvisor! I am so happy to here that you think our homemade Iced Tea was the best you've ever had! I am also glad to you felt your lunch was beautiful and presented well. I noticed that you mentioned you were 3 chefs, thats always great to have chefs and end up making them happy :) I'd love to know more about your experience, if you'd like to reach out to me personally you can email me at info@marketcalgary.ca ! Thanks again and hope to see you in again soon, maybe next time for dinner! Cheers, Vanessa- Owner

Reviewed 4 April 2014

There are some great restaurants along 17 Ave SW, Market is one of them. I had dinner with friends for the first time a couple of weeks ago and was so impressed that I visited again this week. The chef pays a lot of attention to the freshness and quality of the ingredients and details of presentation. A simple dish like a beet salad becomes something quite impressive and tasty. I tried two different meat ball starters and I can't wait to go back and try this dish again. The starters seem expensive, but they are quite generous servings - two starters is a meal for one person. Good wine selection, some nice cocktails, and you have a good view into the well-run kitchen from almost everywhere in the restaurant.

MARKETRestaurant, Owner at Market, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Thanks Jim for taking the time to review MARKET on TripAdvisor! We appreciate hearing your feedback regarding your experience with us! We agree that 17th Ave and Calgary has some amazing restaurants. We are happy to hear you feel that MARKET is amongst the best, thats a true honor. I always say you can judge a good restaurant by the amount of their repeat and loyal guests. We truly value your support and love to hear that you've been twice in one week! I will let chef know that you enjoyed the attention to details in his dishes and that the food was tasting! Glad to hear to felt that the food was worth the money and the value was there! Thanks again for your review and comments and we look forward to having you back in MARKET soon! Cheers, Vanessa, Owner- MARKET.