“Amazing, will be back for sure”

Speeders Indoor Prokarts
Ranked #27 of 88 Fun & Games in Calgary
More attraction details
Owner description: SPEEDERS provides year round racing indoors with 50,000 square feet using it's high performance prokarts. These prokarts are electric which deliver more torque than gas and are very clean. Professionally run, all drivers are required to be at least 5'1" tall, minimum age is 12 and the maximum weight for the karts is 260lbs. We offer drop in racing anytime, corporate team building events and group racing.
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing, will be back for sure”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I heard it was the best go karting in town, they have rules for everyone's safety and keep their karts maintained and in top condition. The rumours are true, the staff were very helpful and the karts are a blast!

2 Thank Fred M

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Team Building Function at SPEEDERS”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I recently organized a team building activity at SPEEDERS in Calgary for 15 people. I was a bit surprised to see some of my people waiting in line as I arrived since we all had to pre-register on-line to save us the wait line... but what they don't say is that they need to validate every participant's driver's license. Okay that is fair but build some time in your schedule to do that. There were 3 attendants at the counter but only one processing the guests and they were not very friendly or in a hurry to get us going. Afterward, we waited a long time to get in the queue for racing. The place was clean and well maintained. The track is fenced and there is an area to sit while waiting where one can play air soft hockey or basket ball throwing for money! They offer free lockers with combinaison to leave your valuable while racing which was great. After about 30 mins we were finally called in to get our orientation which consisted of a 5 mins video on safety, how to operate the kart and the do's and don't of racing...i.e. the rules of the track. Every participant is given a clean head sock to wear under the helmet...I thought that was great! Plus, you get to have a new sock for every race which is even better. I can't say enough good for this particular sanitation element. After the orientation, we are told we can't all race at once so they divided the group into two...we were a bit disappointed but I guess it's for safety. However, it meant that the first half of my group was going, followed by another corporate group and then our second half...We bought the 3 races package and once we got going it was fun and steady. Patience is key. It was good to get the break in between race as it gets quite exciting and warm under the helmet. That time allowed us to view and compare our race sheets showing all kind of data and stats about the race. There is a sheet after each race. Beware, they charge $15 for that and it's not an option and added to the race package you buy.

I personally thought the track was slick and clean, the turns tight and the electric karts were really zippy fast. Along the straight line, the race marshall kept flashing signs to "stay left" so the person behind you could pass you or "no drifting" or "use brakes" etc...It takes a bit of the fun away but I guess it keeps the race safe for everyone. The staff inside the gated area was helpful, patient and very professional. The karts were in good shape, seat belts were all functioning and the state of the track was very good with no holes or cracks. We had some yellow flags where the speed of all the karts was tuned down from the control centre till the problem was fixed. Each race is no more than 8 mins (14-16 laps) but with the wait time and the sitting in the pit area waiting for your race to start, the 3 race package took us over 2 hours. Children have to be over 12 to be able to participate. If you are under 5' tall, you'll get a custom made booster seat. I had great feedback from everyone in my group and overall it was a very fun experience.

1 Thank Francine L
Calgary
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Our destination for speed, thrills, customer service, and fun!!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My son and I have been regulars at Speeder's Calgary since June 2013 and are totally hooked! We frequent the Calgary location 3+- times per week and thoroughly enjoy ourselves EVERYTIME we go.
I have read a few negative reviews on staff friendliness, and long wait times, however, we have yet to have a bad experience at this first class venue! All staff has been friendly and accommodating to us and OUR LONGEST WAIT TIME HAS BEEN A MERE 20 MINUTES..... which allows us to play pool, air-hockey, pinball, foosball, or basketball throw.
This venue has inspired my son to work towards a goal of Formula One Driving and he is currently in the top 5 racers.
My tip for everyone. If you want to have some fun RACING and bonding with coworkers, family and friends head down to Speeder's Calgary and/or Edmonton. If you are going there to disrespect the karts, the track, the other drivers and the staff...... stay home.... If you want to go out for supper, go to a restaurant.

2 Thank yamahadrumkit
Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible!”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

They apparently only hire angry people. The staff were incredibly rude. Never going back! I definitely don't recommend this place.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank 654SarahW
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Meh. Don't get your hopes up.”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I was here with a work function, so I didn't pay for anything, and I don't know how much it cost.

However, I found the staff to be spectacularly unfriendly, and the place felt kind of ... sparse. Besides a few patio tables set up near the track, or the rooms that you can rent for a fee if you're there with a group, there isn't much 'comfort' for people who are waiting or watching.

There's almost no food (Vending machines!!), and I was surprised at who they chose to use as their preferred caterer (Pomodoro). Seems silly to have such "gourmet" food where you'd expect burgers and fries. The caterer was also terrible. Disorganized, terse communication, and ended up forgetting a chunk of what we ordered, then forgot to refund it.

Not a fantastic experience, though the racing itself was actually pretty fun.

Visited February 2014