“What happened to this place?”
Review of Tilted Kilt - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tilted Kilt
Cuisines: Irish
calgary, alberta
“What happened to this place?”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This was our third time to the Titled Kilt, so obviously we enjoyed it in the past. This third, and definitely last, time was a major disappointment. The menu was on one sheet of paper and was extremely limited (maybe eight items), which may have been due to an event going on in the neighbourhood that day. I would have liked more selection, but that was not the real issue. We had enjoyed their wings in the past (so much so we actually told friends to go there), so we asked for an order of sweet chili flavour. What a waste of money. For $13 we received 12 tiny wingettes (a wing has three parts – the drumette which is closest to the shoulder, the wingette which is in the middle and the wing tip). They were clearly deep-fried from frozen and doused in store bought sweet chili sauce. I wouldn’t even expect such sub standard wings at 10-cent wing night. We didn’t even finish them. We also ordered the chicken fingers that came with fries for $12, both of which were just okay and overly salty. I could do better at a fast food restaurant.

The server was pleasant enough and the service was okay.

Don’t bother with this place. You can do much, much better. And we’ll be rescinding the recommendation that we gave our friends.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank PurrcyCat

“This place is gross.”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Hoochy staff, poor drink selection, unfortunate atmosphere... I would never go here again. I regret even stepping inside in the first place.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Andrea S
Calgary
“quick trip downhill”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Back in march I first wrote a review on Tilted Kilt Calgary. Since then the place has really gone down hill. We were there on a Sunday afternoon and the place was a mess. There was paper and cutlery on the floor. The guy who served us said it had been a busy crowd in the AM due to Rugby or something. One girl we recognized as a waitress (maybe off shift) sat drinking at a table from which at least 2 people went behind the bar to refill a pitcher. A guy sitting at the bar was challenged by the bartender to guzzle a beer and he would get it for free. .Another girl, we guess was a waitress, made her way through the guys at the bar -- making out with 3 of them. Our server gave us menus that were printed on 1 page of plain paper -- no longer the nice tilted kilt menu. We ordered a beer (which we did not finish) and left fast when the people beside us left after ordering food and not touching it. Needless to say that we will not come back and I feel sorry for writing a glowing review the first time when times were better. I guess things do change.

• Visited February 2014
Calgary, Canada
“its what you expect”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Not much to say really except that its a modern day version of a hooters but with women in kilts.

Food ins't good and the beer selection is limited. Unless the "theme" of the pub is your thing I would skip it.

Visited October 2013
Calgary
“Yuck !”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We had shepherd's pie. Runny, smelly, just gross food ! I was shocked it could be this bad. Service was ok. The place was slow, as it was on Saturday afternoon.What a rip-off! Never going again.Its too bad for them as I live closeby and could have easily become a regular customer.But I won't be back with food THAT bad! Unbelievable, but this is Calgary, so anything bad is possible. So happy to have Trip Advisor and other sites to help guide me to someplace safe !!

• Visited May 2013