“Atmosphere and Great Customer Service”
Review of Kildares Ale House

Kildares Ale House
Ranked #291 of 3,547 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Pub, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Calgary, Canada
“Atmosphere and Great Customer Service”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

They have a variety of foods - We had their mussels to start nice flavor - I had their Big Easy flat bread just love it with the pesto, shrimp and tomatoes. Their prices are decent with the quality of food they offer and their friendly service.

• Visited May 2014

“Always a good time”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

The atmosphere is like a back woods bar, but with all the comforts of a new restaurant. Cozy nooks with fireplaces and a gorgeous patio, the whole place is very comfortable. The parmesan truffle fries and nachos by the foot are our favourite way to start and they currently have a really good apricot beer from Ontario on the menu. Service is always excellent, but last time we were there I was injured and they went out of their way to accommodate me. If you're in the deep South, check it out.

Visited January 2014
“Fantastic neighbourhood pub!”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

This is a brand new pub in Silverado, at the far southwest of Calgary. The interior is clean, well kept, and clearly new. Seats are comfortable, tables are stain and nick free, the décor is typical put style. There is a great selection of seating - lovely patio with a terrific view over the fields; pub style tables; dinner tables and chairs. TVs are everywhere, so sports fans are sure to be pleased with the offerings.

The staff were very friendly, knowledgeable, and were terrific at detailing specials or answering questions about menu items or drinks. They have an amazing selection of single malt scotch, and solid beer choices as well. Some nice ciders - Strongbow, Magners, and Foundry (which was delicious!).

The menu offers something for everyone, with typical pub fare, but also some unique offerings or pub food with flare. We had the Big Easy Flatbread which was fabulous, as well as the Fried Egg BLT with Beef and Barley soup on the side. Fantastic meal. The Apple Bourbon Bread Pudding was very tasty, and more than enough for two to share.

Each time we asked about a drink, we were offered a tasting sample, so they certainly want you to explore all they have to offer! A nice option rather than getting a pint and hating it!

I can't wait to go here again, and look forward to becoming a regular! Check out their website, as it gives a great explanation on the naming of the Ale House, and its connection to nearby Spruce Meadows. Lovely local spot.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank BT685
Calgary, Canada
“A nice and cozy place to sit down with friends”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I've been to this pub 3 times already and I'm planning on going back for sure! I like unfiltered beer and their Shock Top is perfect (similar to Rickards White or Hoegaarden). The Franks Chili Lime clams are outstanding - a must try! I really enjoy the boneless pork ribs with ranch sauce. Music selection I think should be reviewed though, I mean people like the Titanic song, but come on!?
During my last visit I tried the Hearty Beef & Barley soup and was surprised to see how large the portion was and how much tender and juicy beef was in the soup; it filled me right up! Try this one as well!
Overall, a step above the pub food, and I'm going to keep trying other items on the menu!

• Visited May 2013