“Great pub with a Canadian heart and Irish Blood”

Ceili's Modern Irish Pub
Ranked #1,515 of 3,644 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Description: Out with the old and in with the new! Ceili's on 4th just came out with a brand new menu! We have upgraded some of our old "go-tos" and added new favorites to the line up! Some of our new customer approved picks are the Mac Daddy, Vitality Bowl, Twice Cooked Ribs, Gluten Free Fish and Frites and Daily Rotisserie! We proudly serve 21 beers on tap in 20 oz Pints, and have a large hand picked wine list! We specialize in daily drink specials + happy hour drinks daily, half priced appetizers from 5-7pm, monthly events, party bookings, friendly staff and a fun and welcoming atmosphere!
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Nice place to catch the game and have a drink. I also had the pleasure of eating here as well. Great diverse menu with lots of Gluten free options and various proteins including Bison! Good atmosphere, lots of friendly staff!

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I've been to Ceili's a few times including today and I must say service has imporved drastically from a little while back..today for example I ordered a coffee...our server advised that the coffee machine was on the "fritz" so I declined anything ..she said she would check again ...she came back 5 minutes later with a cup of jo and said that she had gone up to a local coffee place and got it for me !!!...This does not happen in Calgary very often ..Bravo..( sorry didn't get her name ..I had a bison burg if that helps)..

Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

It is located in downtown in happening place. Right across from Westin hotel, this pub offers big screen TV and pub favourites. I ordered wings. Hot Thai and Jamaican jerk. Hot Thai was most and packed with flavors. Jamaican jerk was lacking flavour. The staff was friendly. The food is a little pricy.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

We went here for a late lunch on a Friday around 2 in the afternoon. There were customers, about 20, so nothing near busy for their space or staff numbers. It took awhile for us to get our order in and then our waitress seemed to disappear. We waited for awhile and finally got our drinks - a bottled beer and an iced tea. Our food took forever - a burger and fish tacos - and when it did, the fish tacos, despite looking tasty, had no fish in them. We told our waitress and she took it to the kitchen. My husband was almost finished with his burger by the time my fish tacos came back out. This time, there was fish, but only a piece about half my index finger in each taco (3). Our bill was about $50 for this lousy meal.

Oh, and while we were waiting for our food, we saw our waitress drinking a shot with a table of customers. Then we saw another waitress knock back a shot before she left (presumably her shift was over). The food was bad although my husbamd thought his burger was ok hence the 2 stars out of 5, and behaviour of the waitresses were unprofessional. I won't be coming back here.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Impressed by the modern board and the size of the restaurant, a couple of colleagues went inside for the most anticipated grand dinner. And of course, we did order the famous 'Fish and Chips' and their popular burger. Both the dishes were lousy. The chips were nothing but french fries like those offered in McDonald's, not the ones typically offered in Irish restaurants. The fish was lousy and did not have any taste. The waiters seemed very careless and looked like the summer hires. The barmen and the two damsel waitresses spent all of their time chit-chatting with each other without even asking what the customers needed. There were hardly any customers at this huge place right outside the Westin hotel in downtown This is the first experience of our lousy experience in a Irish pub. Just hopeless and lousy place to waste your money.

1  Thank vjdante