“Scallop Appetizer for Dessert”
Review of The Yardhouse - CLOSED

The Yardhouse
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Calgary, Canada
“Scallop Appetizer for Dessert”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

There was nothing particularly bad about The Yardhouse but I don't think I'll be back again. There are better places to eat at in Kensington and this experience wasn't the best.

My boyfriend and I both ordered mains and an appetizer to share. We waited almost 40 minutes for any food to appear, and when it did it was our mains, not the appetizer. We asked our server if the appetizer was coming or had just been forgotten.

I don't think it was our server's fault, she was apologetic and offered to put the order for the appetizer in again and we'd get it for free. However by the time it eventually came out we had finished our other food and were ready to leave, not really wanting to have bacon wrapped scallops as a dessert. They were ok.

The clubhouse sandwich was just ok, pretty good salad with it. My boyfriend said his spicy chicken sandwich was quite good.

Overall I just don't think what I paid for the meal was worth what we got. Service was fine but not excellent, the food was fairly good but not remarkable. Will try somewhere else next time.

• Visited April 2013

Calgary
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Atmosphere, Definitely Recommend!”
Reviewed 15 October 2012

This place is awesome. The front of the restaurant is large glass windows that look onto kensington (and you can open them during summer). Great to have a beer after work and watch the passer-byers. I have been in for a casual lunch and also with friends on their busy friday saturday nights. The place can be packed with people and the service is still excellent. The manager frequently checks tables for quality of food and to make sure everything is going well. The waitresses are extremely nice (and beautiful!) and the bartenders are always giving off an upbeat vibe which brings up the moral of the whole place! I would suggest this to anyone who is looking for a quick snack, meal or night out in Kensington. They also have wicked promotional deals going on through the week! Small patio out the back of the place, good on warm nights, also heated if needed.

Will be back again on many occasions!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Bernard S
Calgary
“both kensignton and 17th locations are great for games”
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I am disappointed that they removed the friday pizza special long ago, as the yardhouse is right across from work. The food is very good for bar food, and that is really what the yardhouse is. the frites come with some good sauces, but I could do without the mustard. sandwiches are good, but I miss the california shrimp pesto pizza. The menu is different at the different locations.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank kudra23
Vancouver, Canada
“Wine & a Clubhouse”
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We went on a Thursday night, pretty much where ever you sit you have a good view of one of the many big screens. They had bottles of wine on special which was also quite decent. The clubhouse we decided to split was very good and they brought it out already divided onto 2 plates for us. A great place for a casual snack, check their site for daily specials.

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank tracaroo1
Vancouver, Canada
“Never Again!”
Reviewed 19 March 2011

The food is comparable to any place on 17th Ave.
The service was decent. Seating can be hard during busy times as it is a smaller place.
The patio is good minus all the bums that pass by looking for change.

After I got forced from both the waitress and a bouncer into covering another tables tab
because they got kicked out, I was pretty angry and with repeated attempts to contact the manager and owner over this matter, all i got was "there's nothing we can do".

Very poor customer service from all ends of management and I wouldn't recommend this place to any one. There's plenty of other good places on 17th

• Visited August 2010