“Fantastico!”

Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Never, ever a disappointing experience - every item we have ever tried we have loved. Great atmosphere, we love to sit at the bar and watch the chefs work. If you work your way through the traditional courses it may seem a bit expensive to some for a meal but to be honest when you get your money's worth I don't consider it expensive no matter what the bill is.

Staff is very knowledge and helpful (we have even been told we are ordering too much!) Always excellent wine suggestions.

This is simply my favourite restaurant in Calgary.

And don't forget the lovely little Italian delicatessan/market attached. We just enjoy every visit in fact its been too long we should go again!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Mercato is a pleasant fairly large restaurant annex delicatessen with some private parking on the side (good for about 20 cars). A good and afforable lunch or dinner can be compiled from the extensive delicatessen shop, paid for by weight and consumed at the bar. There is a la carte dining, too. The wines are expensive and the cheapest ones were not all that great. Service was a little absent minded but well intended.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Amazing Food in a great atmosphere. Our server was very knowledgeable and helpful with the menu and wine list. All the recommendations were excellent. We will be back.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

This was one of my all time favourite restaurants however, the last time I was there and ordered the tuna I couldn't eat it. Way over salted! The waitress did take the meal off our bill and said that the chefs do love their salt. Then my friends were there for dinner a week later and before ordering were told by their server that they do use a lot if salt in cooking. Again, according to my friend... The fish was overly salted! Bummer....

Reviewed 3 February 2014

My boyfriend and I have been to Mercato many times. I have NEVER been disappointed. It's always our #1 pick in Calgary for a night out or to enjoy a nice lunch. Fantastic atmosphere! The open kitchen not only smells incredible, but it adds such excitement to your dining experience. Great wine selections, friendly and knowledgable staff, parking in the back (which is helpful downtown) and most of all - the food is always top choice! Fresh ingredients, amazing, authentic meal selections and an original menu sets this place apart from the rest.