“Delicious”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2nd Ave 4th St SW
Description: Mimi is the one who invites you over, makes you glad you came the moment you arrive and hopes you came hungry. Mimi's food has a big Italian heart and you're going to love it - it's simple, playful and satisfying. Pastas of all kinds, from old-country spaghetti to fresh ravioli made by hand. Meats and fish grilled simply, from the heart. Pizzas, thin and crisp with happiness. Salads composed with a generous Italian hand. And wine, lots of great wine, cheerfully served and deliciously affordable. Mimi's is colour, warmth and energy, inspired by the Mediterranean in all of us and by family and friends who share in the good times. Mimi's. In-house. By hand. With Love
Calgary, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

A few colleagues and I ate here a few days ago and the food was phenomenal. We continue to talk about the meal that we had there and cannot wait to go back! The food was prepared beautifully and was full of flavour. The pasta was cooked to al dente perfection (I'm Italian, so this is important!). The pizza's that some of my colleagues ordered had a perfectly crisp crust and there were no lack of toppings. Our server was attentive and timely with everything even with us being a group of 12. Very impressed and we will definitely be going here again.

• Visited November 2013

Calgary, Canada
“great food, below average service”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We had a table of eleven, so expected it to be slow. But there were only 2 other tables there at the time. The food was absolutely amazing. Thank goodness as it made up for the extremely slow and poor service. It took 45 minutes for us to get a drink. My girlfriend didn't get what she really wanted as the waiter (James) had to ask the kitchen and she thought he would never come back. Two of our party received their glasses of wine after they had finished their main courses. The appetizers came at the same time as the entrées. I doubt I will ever go back.

• Visited October 2013
Calgary
“Good food”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Just newly opened. Quite slow on a Saturday night, but hope it picks up. Would like to see success! Waiter was new, but friendly.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We came into Mimi's last night for dinner and had the greatest dining experience. Our food was delicious and hot (also, great appearance!) and the service was impeccable! Our server's name was Kim and she was the sweetest - possibly the best service I have ever experienced in Calgary. There was a perfect balance of attentiveness without hovering which made it comfortable and laid back. Does she ever stop smiling?? Very refreshing. The lighting was a little bit too bright for my liking but overall our experience was no less than amazing. We will definitely come back to this restaurant to try more items off of the mouth-watering menu.

1 Thank Kelly R
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A visit by chance”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

After making ineffectual reservations at a different restaurant, my friend and I ended up at Mimi's Italian Grill - Eau Claire. I love restaurants and walking in to delicious smells is delightful. Mimi's did not disappoint! Our waiter Sean was most anxious to please and recommended a wonderful Shiraz. My Chicken Caprese Sandwich was really good. After lunch, the sommelier Stephen made and delivered to me an awesome cappucino and then we talked wine:). All in all a surprisingly great experience and I would definitely go back!